That's right, despite this being the fourth instalment in the MW series, and there already being a game called Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (and a remaster of the same name), this is the title the publisher is going with. Someone said what sounded an terrible lot like "Modern Warfare 4" in a video clip of an April preview event, and Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling, formerly the high-profile community manager and creative strategist at Infinity Ward, posted some rather on-the-nose tweets earlier this month.
As Schreier says, it's a freaky turn of events that the first game in the Modern Warfare series was Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, but the fourth will be called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. However, if a new leak is to be believed, it won't simply be Modern Warfare 4, as many have been expecting.More news: Britain ordered by UN to return control of Chagos Islands to Mauritius
The news first emerged from Twitter user LongSensation, who revealed the upcoming title.More news: Aston Martin unveils James Bond-inspired vehicle
The last title in the sub-series was 2011's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Schreier said in a follow-up Tweet that it was to be a "soft reboot". But, then, games are often weird. Fans are quite likely to see the new Call of Duty at E3, next month.
As it stands, Activision has yet to confirm any of this information, so you'll want to check back with us for additional details.More news: Audi will pull the plug on the TT soon
- AT&T Partners With BitPay To Accept Online Bill Payments in Cryptocurrencies
- Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert: ‘I think Kyrie will leave Boston’
- Lionel Messi blames Barcelona teammates for disappointing defeat to Liverpool
- Facebook deletes 2.2 billion fake accounts
- Putin put Trump at disadvantage, Tillerson reportedly tells House panel
- Measles outbreaks in Europe spark calls for children to be vaccinated
- OnePlus 3 and 3T now being updated to Android Pie
- Honda Civic Type R track, rally concepts debut in UK
- Militants in Syria launch attack, have toxic agents - Russian Federation claims
- OnePlus caught lying about its OnePlus 7 Pro’s 3X optical zoom