McCoy showing his age in seasons could lead him to the Browns naturally, as a team that does not need another star on the front seven.
For the longest time, the careers of Gerald McCoy and Philadelphia Eagles' defensive tackle Fletcher Cox ran in parallel.
After spending the offseason unsigned, veteran defensive tackle officially became a Buc, agreeing to terms on a one-year, $9.25-million deal, the team announced Thursday.More news: Nicola Sturgeon issues statement after Theresa May resignation
"It's a chance for us to kind of get a chance to meet each other one on one, and let's find out who Gerald is", Dorsey said Thursday during a downtown celebration for Cleveland's selection by the National Football League to host the 2021 draft.
As things presently stand, the Eagles have three starting-caliber defensive tackles in Cox, March signee Malik Jackson, and recently re-upped Timmy Jernigan, who's playing on a one-year, prove-it deal. We're going to turn over every rock and let's just see what happens. "It's just a visit".
It hasn't been made clear if the Colts have reached out with an offer to McCoy nor is it clear what type of money they would be offering the six-time Pro Bowler.More news: Female-voiced AI assistants reinforce gender bias, United Nations says
During his visit, he'll get to meet new Cleveland coach Freddie Kitchens as well as coordinator Steve Wilks. When asked where that would be, McCoy said, "I don't know. He's a great person".
The 31-year-old McCoy collected 54.5 sacks in his nine seasons in Tampa, but the Buccaneers did not make the playoffs in any of those seasons.More news: Amazon creates voice-activated device that recognises human emotions
- Refusal to turn over Trump tax returns sets up legal battle
- 18 coaching class students jump to death after Surat building catches fire
- NASCAR to buy International Speedway, owner of Daytona, Talladega
- Adam Levine leaving 'The Voice' after 16 seasons
- 'Names' to fly aboard Mars rover
- British Steel is wound up after lifeline talks collapse
- Now you can order takeout food directly via Google
- LeBron James: Lakers star already recruiting Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler
- Several people injured in suspected package bomb blast in France
- Mobile share price up 2% after FCC chair recommends Sprint merger