Fowler previously acknowledged the complaints about Sonic's design in early May, pledging that the studio was listening and was going to make changes to make it all better.
Turns out, it's going to take another three months to correct the appearance of the titular hero in the forthcoming live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie, work that began nearly immediately after fans got their first look at Sonic's unsettling appearance ahead of the movie's November release. Shortly after the internet had its way with the original trailer, director Jeff Fowler announced that changes were coming - though that left some anxious that a bunch of VFX artists were about to work major overtime to change Sonic's look. Those of you of a romantic nature will note the new release date is St Valentine's Day.More news: ByteDance plans free music streaming app
"Thank you for the support".
In April, Fowler confirmed "design changes" were being made to Sonic after fans blasted the preview. "You aren't happy with the design & you want changes".More news: Oil bounces back, but markets remain fragile amid trade disputes
Fans were particularly upset about Sonic's teeth, Vulture reported. In the original cartoon, Sonic's legs are thin whereas in the new movie they appear much more shapely and human-like. He is joined by recurring Parks and Rec guest Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic and James Marsden as Tom Wachowski, the newly appointed sheriff of Green Hills, who serves as Sonic's friend and guide to life on Earth (Sonic's World is a separate planet, obviously).
Nonetheless, fans were happy to hear that their concerns were heard, and some are already giving Fowler and his team suggestions for how they hope the new design will look.More news: Nicola Sturgeon issues statement after Theresa May resignation
- $44m deal close in Harvey Weinstein sexual misconduct lawsuits
- BJP set to sweep in Karnataka, coalition bigwigs trail
- Patrick Stewart Returns to Star Trek In the First 'Picard' Teaser
- President Donald Trump will stop in Ireland next month
- Aylesbury born MP resigns from cabinet over Brexit
- Salman Khan wants to have children but doesnt want the mother
- Trump gives Barr power to declassify intelligence related to Russian Federation probe
- Inter Ready To Launch £30 Million Player-Plus Cash Bid For Lukaku
- 'Names' to fly aboard Mars rover
- Zakir Musa, Kashmir's Most Wanted Terrorist, Killed In Encounter