Gandhi was slain in 1948 by Godse, a Hindu fanatic angered by what he saw as Gandhi's pandering to Muslims and by the partition of India after independence in 1947.
After stopping short of an apology twice despite her party's condemnation, Pragya Thakur finally tweeted late on Thursday night: "I apologise to the people of the country for my statements on Nathuram Godse".More news: Mbappe issues PSG ultimatum at Ligue 1 awards
Pragya Singh Thakur, BJP candidate from the Bhopal Lok Sabha seat, on Thursday, said that Nathuram Godse was a "deshbhakt (patriot)", is a "deshbhakt (patriot)" and will remain a "deshbhakt (patriot). You judge who is more cruel in this??"
"The Congress compromised on the country's security for vote bank politics", he said. American agencies also supported this that these people are associated with the LeT. The JD (U) has said that status quo should be maintained on Article 370, and the Ayodhya issue should be resolved either by court or consensus. The party's disciplinary committee, he pointed out, will decide action against each of them. "Nationalistic luminaries of the BJP, have the guts to spell out your stand", Vadra posted on the social media as Congress urged Election Commission to cancel her candidature. "People calling him a terrorist should instead look within, such people will be given a befitting reply in these elections".
Modi, who had told a TV channel during his last rally at Khargone in Madhya Pradesh on May 17, said that "the remarks made about Gandhiji or Nathuram Godse are very bad and very wrong for society".More news: China trade war creating distortions in economy
Pragya Thakur kicked a row by describing Godse as "deshbhakt".
Asked about the BJP terming her remarks as her personal views, she agreed and added that she was a disciplined worker of the party.
Shah had said that party's disciplinary committee has sought an explanation from them in 10 days. However, keeping in mind the public sentiment and the dignity and ideology of the BJP, it has been chose to refer this to the disciplinary committee. While Kateel apologised for his tweets, Hegde claimed that his account was hacked and someone else had tweeted the controversial statements.More news: Rumor roundup: De Ligt talks with Liverpool
- Vivek Oberoi shares distasteful meme about Aishwarya Rai, Twitter rips him apart
- Sebastian Kurz Announced the End of the Coalition Government in Austria
- Google Will Continue To Support Existing Huawei Phones
- How to watch the Game of Thrones series finale live
- Duchess of Cambridge posts 'sneak peak' of Chelsea show garden
- Trump Trashes Fox News, Chris Wallace on Twitter
- Exit polls suggest a win for Narendra Modi in world's biggest elections
- Tories and Labour just 'half an inch apart' on Brexit, says minister
- Tornadoes hit rural central Nebraska
- Feds Downplay Plans To Move Migrant Families As Florida Leaders Protest 'Dumping'