He missed Golden State's clinching win in Game 6, then sat out the Warriors' Game 1 victory in the Western Conference finals vs. Portland on Tuesday.
However, the Warriors reached the NBA Finals twice - winning once - and they won a record 73 games before Durant arrived. Despite not having the team's best player, Steph Curry and company have done enough to control the series so far. But, obviously, the ref is not going to decide the game or jump in at that point.
The Warriors are taking a wait-and-see approach on Durant, who won't travel with the team to Portland for Games 3 and 4 in the West.More news: Deepika Padukone slays like a boss on day 3 of Cannes 2019
Outgunned by the underdog Portland Trail Blazers for 47 minutes and without their two most productive big men, the Golden State Warriors employed an unusual strategy when things got desperate Thursday night.
Golden State coach Steve Kerr insisted his team stole this game with a sensational final few minutes and another, familiar third-quarter outburst. Game 3 of the NBA Western Conference Finals is Saturday, May 18, at 9 p.m. exclusively on ESPN. Lillard, however, refused to blame the officials for not calling it a foul and eventually admitted it was good defensive play.
Green had 16 points, 10 rebounds, seven assists and five blocked shots playing with foul trouble.More news: Donald Trump announces plan to overhaul legal immigration
"We did play a much better game at both ends of the floor tonight".
It may be a while longer before Kevin Durant returns to the court for the Warriors this postseason. Expect Curry and company to come out firing on all cylinders from the outset and score enough points to win and cover at home in Game 2. "We just got to play with whatever we got". Certainly Curry gets more involved, I think Klay gets more involved, because they need to. "But we definitely feel his energy and can't wait 'til he comes back". The Trail Blazers also split the four-game regular season series with the Warriors as they bounce back at Oracle Arena on Thursday night.
Carlos Ramirez of Telemundo asked Thompson how it felt to have that "front row seat" to the two brothers' antics throughout the game, but Thompson stopped him shy of calling him a mere spectator.More news: Three Reds set for Nations League finals with England
- Briefing: US-China trade war could inflate iPhone costs by 3%
- Sudan army ruler says talks over civil rule suspended for 72 hours
- NAFTA nations reaching "understanding" on steel and aluminum tariff removal
- Realme X, Realme X Lite launched with Snapdragon 710: Specs, Price
- OnePlus 7 Pro Software Update Brings Four Big Improvements
- China formally arrests 2 Canadians in case linked to Huawei
- Trump escalates resistance to House probes, refuses to comply with requests
- Is Boeing (BA) Stock a Buy Ahead of FAA Announcement?
- PGA Championship: Tommy Fleetwood chasing Brooks Koepka again
- Fans mourn as internet-famous Grumpy Cat dies aged 7