"A large basket, believed to have window washers inside, is swinging wildly out of control at the top of the tower". Video from the scene showed the scaffold banging against sides of the building that extend above the roof and breaking windows.
When firefighter crews arrived at the scene, they were able to safely rescue the people in the lift by lowering ropes from the roof of the building.More news: Rick And Morty Season 4 Finally Has A Release Date
Macy said paramedics evaluated both men, who refused treatment.
According to Fulkerson, it is unclear how the lift became stuck, but an investigation is now underway.More news: Jets fire GM Maccagnan, name Gase interim
The Devon Energy Center building is about 850 feet tall and 50 stories high, according to its website.
Fire battalion chief Benny Fulkerson described the rescue effort as "tedious" but successful.
The company will also investigate the incident.More news: Xiaomi launches Mi Express Kiosk: A smartphone vending machine in India
- Colorado School Cleared Student Violence Concerns Months Before Shooting
- Organisers reveal Madonna's Eurovision performance is not yet confirmed
- How much coffee is too much?
- New Zealand PM Calls On Companies To Prevent Streaming Of Terror Attacks
- Apple TV's "Channels" subscriptions and TV app overhaul are here
- Britney Spears' manager says she may never perform again
- WWE Smackdown: Roman Reigns teams up with The Usos
- Crowned by Burger King, meat replacement company Impossible Foods raises $300 million
- Alabama, Ole Miss and Mississippi State softball teams earn NCAA postseason berths
- Elderly man pushed off, later dies from injuries