"A large basket, believed to have window washers inside, is swinging wildly out of control at the top of the tower". Video from the scene showed the scaffold banging against sides of the building that extend above the roof and breaking windows.
When firefighter crews arrived at the scene, they were able to safely rescue the people in the lift by lowering ropes from the roof of the building.More news: Alabama, Ole Miss and Mississippi State softball teams earn NCAA postseason berths
Macy said paramedics evaluated both men, who refused treatment.
According to Fulkerson, it is unclear how the lift became stuck, but an investigation is now underway.More news: Realme X Lite debuts with SD710 SoC and a notch display
The Devon Energy Center building is about 850 feet tall and 50 stories high, according to its website.
Fire battalion chief Benny Fulkerson described the rescue effort as "tedious" but successful.
The company will also investigate the incident.More news: Baytown officer fatally shoots woman after struggle over Taser
- Elderly man pushed off, later dies from injuries
- B.C. couple identified as victims of Alaska plane crash
- Yikes, WhatsApp exploit allowed spyware to be installed with a phone call
- Xiaomi launches Mi Express Kiosk: A smartphone vending machine in India
- Barcelona close to deal for Ajax and Netherlands star
- WWE Smackdown: Roman Reigns teams up with The Usos
- Rick And Morty Season 4 Finally Has A Release Date
- Kremlin Says Concerned over Escalating Iran Tensions despite Pompeo Claims
- Organisers reveal Madonna's Eurovision performance is not yet confirmed
- Jets fire GM Maccagnan, name Gase interim