In other words, you can't order a $3 toothbrush and expect it to arrive the next day without paying extra. The offer will first be available to customers in Phoenix and Las Vegas, then expand to Southern California in the coming days and roll out gradually over the coming months, with a plan to reach 75% of the USA population this year.
Walmart is rolling out next-day delivery beginning in Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Southern California, with plans to reach approximately 75% of the United States population this year. It will roll out gradually over the "coming months" with a goal of reaching about 75% of the major United States population in the next year.
Up to 220,000 of what Walmart says are "the items most frequently purchased" are available for NextDay delivery, complementing its current grocery pickup and delivery offerings. There is no membership fee for the service, but there is a minimum purchase requirement of $35. The orders have to be worth at least $35 to qualify. This means orders will ship in one box, or in as few as possible, unlike two-day deliveries that come in multiple boxes from multiple locations.More news: Frank Lampard mocks Leeds fans by singing 'stop crying Frank Lampard' song
The company also created a grocery pickup and delivery service that is expected to provide pickup in 3,100 stores and delivery from 1,600 stores by the end of the year, covering 80 and 50 percent of the US population, respectively. "And, with 90% of Americans living within 10 miles of a Walmart store, we're well positioned to offer even faster delivery to customers in the future".
Walmart has been working to increase shipping efficiency for some time, including repurposing 12 Sam's Club locations that closed previous year into local e-commerce fulfillment centers. Everything that the user places into the NextDay delivery cart must be eligible to get the free delivery.More news: Serena Williams wins clay opener; sister Venus next in Rome
Free NextDay delivery will be available on a wide range of general merchandise according to Walmart.
Walmart sends out boxes from multiple warehouses around the country under its two-day shipping program, but with one-day shipping, it is stocking inventory in the closest single warehouse to the shopper, Lore said.
Walmart says the new delivery program has been in the works for a while.More news: Liverpool: What Jurgen Klopp plans to do to ensure Champions League glory
- Uber announces major Black and Black SUV enhancements, including Quiet Mode
- US State Department orders all non-essential government personnel to leave Iraq
- Selena Gomez Calls Social Media 'Terrible' and 'Dangerous'
- Jets fire GM Maccagnan, name Gase interim
- Super Mario Maker 2 co-op and multiplayer details revealed
- This Was Aaron Rodgers' Cameo in 'Game of Thrones'
- American justice system 'largely evil', says Conrad Black after Trump's pardon
- NYC mayor says he'll decide this week on presidential run
- Kremlin Says Concerned over Escalating Iran Tensions despite Pompeo Claims
- B.C. couple identified as victims of Alaska plane crash