The new ad types aim to boost the search firm's mobile revenues amid investor concerns that its revenue per click growth is running out of steam.
What's amusing about Google's announcement is that it's written in such a way as to impress both advertisers and consumers, but we know anyone who isn't already a fan of ads isn't going to be very fond of these new ad placements.More news: Alabama, Ole Miss and Mississippi State softball teams earn NCAA postseason berths
Stories: Google will soon launch AMP stories, or visual story packages, to go along with search items. This feature is named Discovery ads and will be out on both Android and iOS globally later this year.
(2) Google can show up to 8 large images in the top search ads, which would push down the organic listings even more.More news: How much coffee is too much?
Ads play a major part in our internet. However, do note that Google intends on delivering a very nice ad experience in these cases.
Besides more space, the company's new ad products are created to reach users when they're not searching for something specific but rather making discoveries while swiping through feeds, such as the YouTube home feed or the Discover feed in the Google Search apps.
It's also giving advertisers more space on Google Maps to promote a business's location when people are planning a route or en route to a location.More news: Jets fire GM Maccagnan, name Gase interim
Google Maps is widely used in Australia today at the expense of navigation systems from the likes of Navman and Tom Tom, now the big search Company is set to flex their Google Travel capability a move that could seriously put pressure on organisations such as Bookings.com, Expedia, Priceline and TripAdvisor. Now the company has officially announced the merging of Shopping Search and Express into the new Google Shopping.
- Bitcoin passes $7,000 level as winning streak continues
- Baytown officer fatally shoots woman after struggle over Taser
- Yikes, WhatsApp exploit allowed spyware to be installed with a phone call
- Huawei willing to sign 'no-spy' agreements with governments
- Kremlin Says Concerned over Escalating Iran Tensions despite Pompeo Claims
- Window washers rescued after their out-of-control lift slammed into building
- Selena Gomez Calls Social Media 'Terrible' and 'Dangerous'
- Black Mirror Season 5 Trailer: Miley Cyrus, Anthony Mackie Star
- WWE Smackdown: Roman Reigns teams up with The Usos
- Apple TV's "Channels" subscriptions and TV app overhaul are here