By introducing these vending machine-inspired kiosks, the brand aims to develop a new retail strategy in reaching out to its consumers directly.
Xiaomi has launched the Mi Express Kiosk - a vending machine which dispenses smartphones and mobile accessories in India.More news: ITV axes The Jeremy Kyle Show for good following death of guest
The first Mi Express Kiosk has been installed at Manyata Tech Park, Bengaluru and has a wide range of products including Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Poco F1, Y3, Redmi Go, along with accessories such as Bluetooth speakers, battery packs, vehicle chargers, earphones and more.
The kiosks are loaded with a camera on the top which to be precise is a Mijia Smart Camera to capture the faces of those who are making the purchases. There is a large touch display on the right for operating the machine.
The Mi Express Kiosks will acknowledge a few methods of payment, like cash, Visas, platinum cards, and UPI, enabling shoppers to pick the alternative they are most alright with. There is also a slot that prints out receipts.More news: Crowned by Burger King, meat replacement company Impossible Foods raises $300 million
While setting up stores or partnering with retailers might be an expensive option, setting up Mi Express Kiosks could help Xiaomi expand its presence at a fraction of the cost. It says that the Mi Express Kiosks can be found across metro cities in public areas with greater footfall such as tech parks, metro stations, airports, and shopping malls. The company has so far not detailed out the locations of these vending machines but one that is active now is in Manyata Tech Park, Bengaluru. This hints that the phone the company will be launching soon will come with triple rear cameras.
It added that these kiosks are company operated.
These kiosks are likely to be operated by a staff from Mi who would be present there within the operational hours to guide people about their purchases.More news: Yikes, WhatsApp exploit allowed spyware to be installed with a phone call
- IRAN: British Council worker jailed for spying for UK
- WWE Smackdown: Roman Reigns teams up with The Usos
- Madison Bumgarner's No-Trade List Includes Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs
- Barcelona close to deal for Ajax and Netherlands star
- Colorado School Cleared Student Violence Concerns Months Before Shooting
- The New Stranger Things Lego Set Literally Turns Everything Upside Down
- John Daly hits back at Tiger and his golf cart critics
- Black Mirror Season 5 Trailer: Miley Cyrus, Anthony Mackie Star
- New Zealand PM Calls On Companies To Prevent Streaming Of Terror Attacks
- GAME OF THRONES' Creators' STAR WARS Film To Follow Skywalker Saga