With the Giants now 8.5 games out of first place and sitting last in the NL West Bumgarner could be available sooner than later.
Around this time past year, Philadelphia never would have been considered a destination for Bumgarner since the team was going through rebuilding mode, but obviously the circumstances are much different now. From what Rosenthal has said, this list isn't a grouping of teams Bumgarner wouldn't go to, but rather teams who he'd require compensation from to wave his no-trade clause in order to get the deal done.
Adding Bumgarner would give Philadelphia not only a veteran lefty in the starting rotation, but a three-time World Series victor with tremendous postseason success.More news: Guardiola beats Klopp to manager of the year award
Typically, when a veteran baseball player puts together a no-trade list as part of his contract, he does so to list the teams he doesn't want to play for.
As it turns out, as reported by Ken Rosenthal, Bumgarner is using his no-trade list as a strategic way to dictate his possible future. So, the Boston Red Sox being on that list is actually a good thing for fans and perhaps a good thing beyond the 2019 season given that Rick Porcello is in the past year of his contract and the team will be on the market for a starter in following the season.More news: GAME OF THRONES' Creators' STAR WARS Film To Follow Skywalker Saga
Also, his addition would provide flexibility if the team would need to move Nathan Eovaldi to the closer role once healthy and the bullpen becomes an issue again. Whether it is securing more money or blocking trade altogether the Braves would have to sell their postseason chances and facilities to Bumgarner as much as they would their trade package to the Giants.
Want your voice heard? Let the MLB Trade Deadline rumors begin.More news: Pregnant woman shot, killed by Texas officer during struggle over Taser
- Redmi K20 Confirmed As Redmi’s Upcoming Flagship Phone - K Stands For Killer
- Athletics trade Edwin Jackson to Blue Jays
- Trump still confident of striking deal with China
- Antoine Griezmann to leave Atletico Madrid
- Schiff: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be Allowed to Get Foreign Help
- Michigan Legislature votes to ban abortion procedure
- Sri Lanka clashes kill one; imposes nationwide curfew after mosques attacked
- Prince Harry reveals how Meghan Markle is coping as a new mum
- Robert Kraft's lawyers seek permanent sealing of surveillance videos in prostitution case
- Saudi Arabia: Terrorist acts against the Gulf are targeting global oil supply