However, reports this week claim that UEFA investigators will push for City to be given a Champions League ban for alleged breaches of its financial fair play regulations, after opening an investigation in March.
Manchester City's title winners have been filmed mocking Liverpool by appearing to sing a vile song referring to Jurgen Klopp's side as "victims" and their fans being "battered on the streets".
"The implications are that either Manchester City's good faith in the CFCB IC is misplaced or the CFCB IC process is being misrepresented by individuals intent on damaging the club's reputation and its commercial interests".More news: Red Dead Redemption 2 Has Shipped Over 24 Million Copies Worldwide
The statement added: "Manchester City's published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record".
One of the allegations is that money received by Manchester City disguised as sponsorship payments was in fact pumped in by the Abu Dhabi United Group which owns the club, outlawed under Financial Fair Play rules.
City were fined £49million and hit with restrictions on transfer spending and the size of their Champions League squad after the original investigation five years ago.
"If it is true what has been written, there might be a serious problem", Leterme was quoted as telling a Belgian media group earlier this year.More news: Redmi K20 Confirmed As Redmi’s Upcoming Flagship Phone - K Stands For Killer
"This can lead to the heaviest punishment - exclusion from UEFA competitions".
If he does sanction a year-long Champions League ban, given that Man City would nearly certainly appeal, it is unclear it would be able to be enforced in time for next season's competition.
FIFA, the Premier League and the Football Association (FA) are also undertaking investigations into City's operations in relation to various aspects of the Football Leaks allegations.More news: Prince Harry reveals how Meghan Markle is coping as a new mum
- Michigan Legislature votes to ban abortion procedure
- Mortal Kombat Movie Set to be Filmed and Produced in South Australia
- Asians most heavily represented ethnic minority in United Kingdom rich list
- Canceled Interviews Led to Trump Jr. Subpoena
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West ‘name son after Glasgow train station’
- Donald Trump Praises Bill Barr for Investigating Russia 'Hoax' Origin
- Herrera confident Solskjaer can restore United's lustre
- Jon Snow Cries in New 'Game of Thrones' Documentary Trailer
- Pregnant woman shot, killed by Texas officer during struggle over Taser
- HTC's new Exodus 1s costs $250-300, runs full Bitcoin node