Iger wouldn't comment on what their film will be about, when it will be set, or any additional details about its production.More news: Third of Scottish adults anxious over body image, report finds
Game of Thrones creators D.B. Weiss and David Benioff may be wrapping up their final season in Westeros, but now they've got a new adventure ahead of them.
After the Skywalker saga concludes in December, Walt Disney Co's next venture into the "Star Wars" galaxy will come from the creators of HBO's global hit "Game of Thrones", the company's chief executive said on Tuesday. Just last week, Disney announced their upcoming slated releases, where we learned that the first post-Skywalker-saga Star Wars film will be released on December 18, 2022, nearly three years to the date after The Rise of Skywalker.More news: Prince Harry reveals how Meghan Markle is coping as a new mum
After releasing five films since purchasing Lucasfilm in 2012 - The Force Awakens, Rogue One, The Last Jedi, Solo, and now The Rise of Skywalker - he said he believed "it would be smart for us to take a bit of a hiatus while we figure out what's next". "Three years was the proper amount of time to not only take a breather and reset, but really gear up for the next film's release". It's amusing that Iger is basically like, "we have so much money, sure, we'll probably make another Star War".
No word has been revealed about when Rian Johnson's trilogy will arrive, but Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will be released on December 20 of this year. "I haven't seen IX finished yet, but I'm confident based on the pieces I've seen and the script that I read that it's going to be extremely popular", Iger said. They're set to alternate with James Cameron's planned Avatar sequels, which start in 2021 and are expected to continue every other year through 2027. Two series - "The Mandalorian" from director Jon Favreau and a "Rogue One" prequel starring Diego Luna - are already in the works.More news: Madison Bumgarner's No-Trade List Includes Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs
- Jet Airways revival: Etihad offer hinges on Rs 9,000-cr debt write-down
- Sri Lanka clashes kill one; imposes nationwide curfew after mosques attacked
- 'Bond 25' production 'halted after Daniel Craig suffers injury on set'
- Canceled Interviews Led to Trump Jr. Subpoena
- HTC's new Exodus 1s costs $250-300, runs full Bitcoin node
- Barr Orders Connecticut Prosecutor to Investigate Mueller Probe
- Robert Kraft's lawyers seek permanent sealing of surveillance videos in prostitution case
- Donald Trump Praises Bill Barr for Investigating Russia 'Hoax' Origin
- Redmi K20 Confirmed As Redmi’s Upcoming Flagship Phone - K Stands For Killer
- Guardiola beats Klopp to manager of the year award