The service is part of an Apple TV update that's rolling out today in more than 100 countries to iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV along with all 2019 Samsung smart TVs and select 2018 models. Early partner channels include HBO, Starz, Showtime and Tastemade, with more expected to join in the future, Apple said.
There's also some new subscription services coming to the app with users in the United Kingdom getting access to StarzPlay and Smithsonian with Apple confirming more options will be coming over time. Started content will also show up under Up Next under the Watch Now tab in the TV app. However, this particular implementation which is also known as Apple TV channels alongside similar integration for selected streaming services is not available in Malaysia for the time being though.More news: Athletics trade Edwin Jackson to Blue Jays
This is all a predicate for the new Apple TV+ subscription service, which Apple previewed at an event this spring and will bring a host of exclusive content to the platform later this fall.
It is Apple's first big push into making money from TV content outside of sales through the iTunes store.
Do you have any questions about Apple TV Channels?More news: IRAN: British Council worker jailed for spying for UK
The redesign is available on iPhones, iPads, Apple TV and select Samsung smart televisions. And so far only three pay TV providers are supported in the Apple TV app - Charter Communications Inc's Spectrum, AT&T Inc's DirecTV Now and Sony's Playstation Vue.
AirPlay 2-enabled Samsung smart TVs will let customers play videos and other content from their iPhone, iPad or Mac directly to their Samsung set. That latter improvement doesn't address any of our suggestions in "Four Ways Apple Could Improve Apple Music" (11 March 2019) but it should make the For You suggestions more useful. See this discussion in TidBITS Talk for more details. Sign up today to get news and updates delivered to your inbox and read on the go.More news: ITV axes The Jeremy Kyle Show for good following death of guest
- The New Stranger Things Lego Set Literally Turns Everything Upside Down
- Crowned by Burger King, meat replacement company Impossible Foods raises $300 million
- Redmi K20 Confirmed As Redmi’s Upcoming Flagship Phone - K Stands For Killer
- Championship play-offs: Aston Villa pip West Brom to final spot
- Pompeo to Lavrov: Trump Administration doesn't recognize Russia's attempted annexation of Crimea
- MPs To Vote On Theresa May's Brexit Vote AGAIN Next Month
- Sri Lanka clashes kill one; imposes nationwide curfew after mosques attacked
- Asians most heavily represented ethnic minority in United Kingdom rich list
- Donald Trump's lonely dream of Viktor Orban-like power
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has Shipped Over 24 Million Copies Worldwide