Atletico forward Griezmann has always been targeted by the Nou Camp outfit but the Frenchman rejected them last summer after releasing a video on his decision to stay in Madrid.
The 28-year-old Griezmann has a contract until 2023 with Atletico, but has a buy out clause of 120million euros ($134million) and has been the target of several approaches from La Liga rivals Barcelona.
"The truth is it has been hard to arrive to this point but I feel it's what I need to do, I want to thank you for all the support you have given me in these five years, where I won my first trophies".More news: The Moon is shrinking: NASA study
Barca look certain to be his next destination with Griezmann, 28, reportedly set on making a move he spurned previous year.
And according to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano, Barca are already in negotiations with the World Cup victor over a summer move to the Nou Camp.
"Talks ongoing with the player about the contract to finalise the deal (5 years)".More news: SpaceX Starlink satellites shown on a Falcon ready for launch
"It has been five incredible years, thank you very much for everything, I will carry you in my heart", Griezmann said in the video that was published via Atletico's Twitter account, which was further confirmation of MARCA's initial report.
"I have chose to leave, see other things, have other challenges and with great difficulty, this is what I feel and I need".
The announcement of Griezmann's Atletico departure comes a little over two months after his fellow countryman and Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti claimed he regretted not joining the Spanish champions. "He is at a team that plays for him".More news: McGregor in clear as United States prosecutors drop phone theft charges
- Jonas Brothers mix new hits with throwback 'Burnin' Up' on 'SNL'
- Barr Orders Connecticut Prosecutor to Investigate Mueller Probe
- More deaths linked to crossbow mystery
- Felicity Huffman Pleads Guilty in College Admissions Scandal
- Rampant Bucks Are the Team to Beat After Domination of the Celtics
- Pregnant woman shot, killed by Texas officer during struggle over Taser
- Herrera confident Solskjaer can restore United's lustre
- Beloved Actor And Comedian Tim Conway Has Died at 85-Years-Old
- Meghan celebrates first Mother's Day with Archie on United States date
- Sudanese union says six killed in clashes with security forces