Alabama has not lost a game in regional play since 2007, a streak of 37-consecutive games, and is also the only team in Division-I softball to play in every Super Regional round since its inception in 2005.
For the third year in a row, all 13 SEC teams made the 64-team tournament field, with Florida (fifth), Alabama (eighth), LSU (10th), Ole Miss (11th), Tennessee (12th) and Kentucky (14) among the top 16 seeds.More news: Apple TV's "Channels" subscriptions and TV app overhaul are here
Alabama State enters the NCAA Tournament with a 24-23 mark, earning the SWAC's automatic bid.
Fresh off a HUGE series win over then No. 3 ranked UCLA (46-5, 20-4), the Wildcats certainly capped their regular season in a big way, but now the stakes get even higher, as the Wildcats will prepare for postseason play.More news: Pompeo to Lavrov: Trump Administration doesn't recognize Russia's attempted annexation of Crimea
The Sooners, who have won an NCAA record 39 consecutive games, will host the Norman Regional, beginning on Friday.
Making their ninth appearance in the NCAA tourney, the Hokies (45-9, 20-4 ACC) will play from Friday-Sunday, along with Toledo (29-26, 10-9 MAC) and IL (32-23, 9-14 B1G). The Tide have the most wins of any team in the tournament. Each week, the coaches talk about the current state of the Seminole softball team, chat about NCAA softball from around the country, and have a lot of fun along the way. The regionals are double-elimination. The two squads will round out the opening round of play on Friday at 9 p.m. CT. The Noles have not faced anyone from their regional bracket this season with the regional victor taking on the victor from the Stillwater Regional headed up by No. 13 national seed Oklahoma State. It's the first home regional for the Gophers since 2014.More news: Madonna Defends Decision to Perform at Eurovision in Israel
The Tallahassee Regional champion will square off against the victor of the Stillwater Regional in the Super Regional round, with the latter regional being hosted by Oklahoma State, and includes BYU, Tulsa and Arkansas. State fell to tournament host No. 10 Arizona by a 4-3 final.
- IRAN: British Council worker jailed for spying for UK
- Huawei willing to sign 'no-spy' agreements with governments
- ITV axes The Jeremy Kyle Show for good following death of guest
- Yikes, WhatsApp exploit allowed spyware to be installed with a phone call
- Black Mirror Season 5 Trailer: Miley Cyrus, Anthony Mackie Star
- Colorado School Cleared Student Violence Concerns Months Before Shooting
- Monster Hunter-like Dauntless officially launches next week
- Deepest undersea dive reveals depths of humanity's filth
- Shrinking moon may cause moonquakes
- John Daly hits back at Tiger and his golf cart critics