A six-time Emmy Award victor, Conway died Tuesday at 8:45 a.m.in Los Angeles, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
He had been battling a longtime illness prior to his death, called Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, said Howard Bragman, Conway's representative. To me, though, Conway was never more chaotic, never more emblematic of the anything-goes nature of the '70s TV he so easily ruled, than when he and a gang of intruders from The Carol Burnett Show crashed the already out of control daytime game show Match Game. The cast included Harvey Korman, Vicki Lawrence and Lyle Waggoner. He frequently guest-starred on the most popular shows of the day, including Married with Children and Mad About You.More news: Tories urged to form alliance with Brexit Party
"There's nobody funnier in the world, I don't think, than Conway", she said in an interview with the Television Academy Foundation published in 2012.
He was born Thomas Conway in 1933 in the Cleveland suburb of Willoughby.
Conway, who changed his first name from Thomas to Tim so as to avoid confusion with actor Tom Conway, had his own short-lived sitcom in 1970. He attended Bowling Green State University and served in the U.S. Army. He later gained fame with a new generation as the voice of Barnacle Boy on "SpongeBob SquarePants". Actress Rose Marie, a co-star on "The Dick Van Dyke Show", liked his work and helped him get a regular spot on "The Steve Allen Show" in the early 1960s.More news: Myanmar plane lands without front wheel
Conway was married twice, first to Mary Anne Dalton, from 1961 to 1978, and then to Charlene Fusco, whom he married in 1984.
Conway is survived by his wife, a stepdaughter, six biological children and two granddaughters, People reports.More news: Cech calls Europa League final 'quirk of fate'
- The Moon is shrinking: NASA study
- 'He did talking on pitch': Saracens coach hails Vunipola in Euro triumph
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Narrowly Beats ‘Avengers: Endgame’ at International Box Office
- Where Harry and Meghan got the inspiration for baby Archie's name
- Lewis Hamilton: why would I leave a team that can be greatest?
- Liverpool will not suffer title-race hangover, says sports psychologist
- Liverpool beats Wolves, misses out on Premier League title
- Rampant Bucks Are the Team to Beat After Domination of the Celtics
- United States drugmakers allegedly collude on generic price hikes
- Man Utd hero Evra slams Alexis: You only joined for money!