Paul George buried 22 points on top of 6 boards and 6 assists and Jerami Grant also fired 18 points on a 4-of-5 shooting from three-point range for the Thunder. From the sideline, Lillard shot back. When the 3-pointer dropped in, he let his foe know that he had edged him in this one.
He knew he had to step up his play if the Thunder were going to have a chance to dig themselves out of the 0-2 hole and he did just that in Game 3. And he also hadn't done that, he hadn't pulled that out the first two games.
In the first half of Game 3, OKC's stifling defense was on full display, holding the Blazers to just 39 points.More news: Filmmaker Polanski asks court to restore his Academy membership
Thunder forward Paul George called Westbrook a man of his word.
Russ went to the move again in the fourth quarter after scoring on Lillard, but it was Schroder who continued the antics late in the game, hitting Lillard with his famous "Dame Time" tapping of the wrist after the Blazers point guard missed a free throw, much to the amusement of Lillard, who addressed it in the post-game press conference.
Lillard said the Thunder were trying to make a statement. "So I thought that was interesting".More news: Mali’s government resigns as anger mounts over massacre
Heading to the bench with 50.8 seconds left and the Thunder leading his Blazers 118-106, Lillard had heard enough of Russell Westbrook's barking.
George threw down a monster dunk right after time expired that didn't count. "The game had been decided". "I still slap people on the butt and shook their hands".
When George was asked why he dunked after the game, he quickly dismissed the question by saying: "Next question". They host game four on Monday afternoon. Just as poorly as the OKC Thunder have shot in the two games at Portland, they could equally improve at Chesapeake to even up the series and then the pressure would fall back on the Blazers with all the momentum shifted into the favor the Thunder.More news: MLB Rumors: White Sox’s Tim Anderson Suspended For ‘Racially Charged’ Language
- Matthews, Kapanen score late, Maple Leafs edge Bruins 2-1
- Beyoncé's new Netflix deal reportedly worth $60 million
- Dimuth Karunaratne appointed as Sri Lanka’s ODI captain
- SpaceX Crew Dragon suffers 'anomaly' during engine testing
- Two teens held in Northern Irish journalist's death are freed
- Isaac Hempstead Wright Explains Bran’s Creepy Stare in Game of Thrones
- Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2 leaks online
- Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL's official renders leaked online
- OnePlus 7: All There Is To Know
- Ex-Scotland cricket captain Con De Lange dies aged 38