Netflix also has production deals with two of TV's top producers: $100 million for "Scandal" creator Shonda Rhimes and $250 million for "American Horror Story" creator Ryan Murphy. It's important to note that the news was provided by sources close to the publication; the article goes on to mention that representatives from Beyoncé's camp and Netflix have declined to comment and that a source within the latter has called the sum into question.
The streaming giant, which recently announced it's added almost 10 million subscribers in the first quarter of 2019, is spreading its tentacles and honing in on music, too, landing a three-project deal with Beyonce worth a whopping $60 million, Variety reports. One of the first projects coming out of the deal is the Homecoming documentary that takes a behind-the-scenes look into Beyoncé's epic Coachella performance. As Variety recently reported, the audio to her 65-minute "Lemonade" film, which had only lived on Tidal, the subscription streaming service helmed by Jay-Z, will be available on all streaming services starting April 23.More news: JM's Standout Basketball Star Matthew Hurt Signs with Duke
Is the R&B matriarch worth such a hefty price?
Last Wednesday Beyonce released her much anticipated film Beyonce Homecoming.More news: Lowry leads after two rounds at PGA Heritage
Beyonce, 37, and the 25-year-old Grande both signed contracts worth $8million ($4million per weekend) to headline the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival according to a Friday report from The Blast. I'd say I'm surprised, but I know who you are.More news: Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2 leaks online
- OnePlus 7: All There Is To Know
- Libya crisis: Clashes erupt south of capital Tripoli
- Final Four Games And Release Date Announced For Castlevania Anniversary Collection
- Hobbs & Shaw trailer: The Fast & Furious spin-off is jam packed with action
- Listeria linked to deli-sliced products sickens 8, kills 1
- Trump's Furious At Underlings Who Made Him Look Bad In Mueller Report
- Canopy Growth To Buy Acreage Holdings For $300M (NYSE:CGC)(OTC:ACRGF)
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to ‘move to Africa’ after baby’s birth
- Boyz N the Hood director John Singleton hospitalised after stroke
- Over 40 killed in blasts at three churches and three hotels