Netflix also has production deals with two of TV's top producers: $100 million for "Scandal" creator Shonda Rhimes and $250 million for "American Horror Story" creator Ryan Murphy. It's important to note that the news was provided by sources close to the publication; the article goes on to mention that representatives from Beyoncé's camp and Netflix have declined to comment and that a source within the latter has called the sum into question.
The streaming giant, which recently announced it's added almost 10 million subscribers in the first quarter of 2019, is spreading its tentacles and honing in on music, too, landing a three-project deal with Beyonce worth a whopping $60 million, Variety reports. One of the first projects coming out of the deal is the Homecoming documentary that takes a behind-the-scenes look into Beyoncé's epic Coachella performance. As Variety recently reported, the audio to her 65-minute "Lemonade" film, which had only lived on Tidal, the subscription streaming service helmed by Jay-Z, will be available on all streaming services starting April 23.More news: Canopy Growth To Buy Acreage Holdings For $300M (NYSE:CGC)(OTC:ACRGF)
Is the R&B matriarch worth such a hefty price?
Last Wednesday Beyonce released her much anticipated film Beyonce Homecoming.More news: Libya crisis: Clashes erupt south of capital Tripoli
Beyonce, 37, and the 25-year-old Grande both signed contracts worth $8million ($4million per weekend) to headline the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival according to a Friday report from The Blast. I'd say I'm surprised, but I know who you are.More news: Final Four Games And Release Date Announced For Castlevania Anniversary Collection
- Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2 leaks online
- Mali’s government resigns as anger mounts over massacre
- Californian parents sentenced to life in prison after neglect children
- Top Democrat says he can foresee impeachment proceedings "possibly coming"
- Boyz N the Hood director John Singleton hospitalised after stroke
- All Celebrities Featured In Lil Dicky's "Earth" Music Video
- Bees on Notre Dame rooftop survive this week's devastating fire
- Trump's Furious At Underlings Who Made Him Look Bad In Mueller Report
- DeGrom Playing Catch Again Sunday, Will Likely Not Receive MRI
- Filmmaker Polanski asks court to restore his Academy membership