"Pedophile with 4 victims 10 counts [a reference to R. Kelly]".
The messages were among almost 200 pages of screenshots of texts exchanged between Foxx and her top staff, included alongside more than 3,600 pages of emails - and a 36-page spreadsheet detailing records the office determined could not be released to the public because records in Smollett's case were sealed the day the charges were dropped.
The lawsuit laid out a detailed account of the allegations against Smollett, who told police he was attacked January 29 by two men who shouted homophobic slurs at him, wrapped a noose around his neck and poured an unknown liquid on him.
Other texts showed prosecutor were blindsided by the response they got following their decision to drop the charges. I'm recused. But when people accuse us of overcharging cases ...More news: Notre Dame: Aerial footage reveals the true extent of the damage
Foxx withdrew herself from the case in February after she had been in contact with one of Smollett's relatives early during the investigation.
She also told her co-hosts that Smollett "is going through it", and while "there's a lot of things that's happening, he's not publicly ready to speak".
Joseph Magats, the First Assistant in the State's Attorney's office, ultimately made the decision not to prosecute the case.
"Eddie just called. (He) needed to know how to answer questions from press", Foxx texted Magats, referring to Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson. In exchange, they said, the actor had done community service and agreed to forfeit his $10,000 bond.
The newly released texts raise further questions about her public claims that she had withdrawn from the case.More news: Man killed and woman badly injured after attack by pet deer
The office released 178 pages of text messages and 3,655 pages of emails connected to the case, including communication among staffers and some of their interactions with the media. In addition to that, Love said Smollett actually asked her to share the details of their personal conversation on the show.
Nonetheless, charges against Smollett were announced the next day, and a grand jury indictment was handed up two weeks later.
However, Johnson and Mayor Rahm Emanuel held a news conference that morning slamming the decision - "a whitewash of justice", the mayor said.
Police said the two brothers wore gloves during the staged attack, and did punch Smollett, but the scratches and bruises on Smollett's face most likely were self-inflicted. But sources with knowledge now tell the outlet he will no longer appear in the play, despite charges being dropped against the "Empire" star.
It all comes after Smollett's alleged hate crime hoax and in light of him being sued by the city of Chicago after he failed to pay $130,106 for what he cost the city investigating the alleged hoax.More news: Black Hole image ran through de-blurring software has focus
- Fordham University student dead in bell tower fall
- Dolphins' full 2019 schedule to be revealed Wednesday; here's the details
- Michael Owen states his prediction for FC Porto v Liverpool FC
- Ronda Rousey Says She's On An "Impregnation Vacation" After Breaking Hand
- Sophie Turner taking a break to focus on mental health
- Russell Wilson signs record-breaking contract with Seahawks
- Barcelona 3 United 0 (Agg: 4-0)
- Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram Users Hit By Outages
- Smith, Warner return for Australia's World Cup tilt
- Bettor Won More Than $1 Million Thanks To Tiger Woods’ Masters Win