The Surface earbuds stem from Microsoft's desire to leverage that audio technology in more products, Sams reports. Of course the difference here would be that Microsoft's option would be powered by Cortana, its own AI and competition to Apple's Siri and Amazon's Alexa.
Microsoft's Surface headphones and their carrying case. "Thurrott does say that the buds could contain a feature that "[improves] interactions between a phone and the earbuds" to make reading websites, e-books, and other digital content easier on smartphones, but that functionality may not make it into the final product.More news: NBA Playoffs 2019: Celtics vs. Pacers Game 1 live stream
It wouldn't be Microsoft's first foray into high-end headphones, either.
Microsoft also isn't the only tech giant looking to take on Apple.
The headphones, under the reported codename Morrison - a likely reference to The Doors frontman Jim Morrison - could be called Surface Buds, though that could change, Thurrott reports. These features would include active noise cancellation, Cortana integration, answering questions and controlling music, and great battery life, though nothing has been concretely mentioned.More news: Ilhan Omar says Trump’s actions are inciting death threats
A Bloomberg report last month said that Amazon is developing earbuds with its AI Alexa assistant built into them.
The company's reinvention under Satya Nadella has brought us many things, some good, some bad, but one of the words that keep coming back is "cuckold".
The new head phones cost the same as the original version.More news: Bernie Sanders releases a decade of tax returns
They're available for purchase now online and in Apple stores.
- Fiji fall apart in Singapore 7s final
- Russell Wilson tweets he has new deal with Seattle Seahawks
- SpaceX Loses Falcon Heavy Rocket Center Core Booster in Atlantic Ocean
- MDHHS reports new case of measles related to U of M visit
- Avs, MacKinnon rally to beat Flames in OT
- Microsoft to bring its best auto racing game to Android and iOS
- Samsung’s Fancy Galaxy S10 In-Display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner Has Been Duped
- After "Parivar Bhakti" Taunt, PM Modi Offers Salve To Amarinder Singh
- Amazon is reportedly preparing to launch a free music streaming service
- Oil rig workers rescue exhausted dog found swimming off Thailand’s coast