Brock Nelson added his second goal of the playoffs and Leo Komarov scored the first postseason goal of his career for the Islanders, who have pushed the star-laden Penguins to the brink of elimination.
New York Islanders goaltender Robin Lehner (40) stops a shot by Pittsburgh Penguins' Sidney Crosby (87) during the third period in Game 3 of an NHL first-round hockey playoff series in Pittsburgh, Sunday, April 14, 2019.
Almost six years after winning the French Open Juniors title, the 22-year-old Garin finally broke through on the tour, spoiling Ruud's bid to become the first Norwegian victor. NY is 4-1 in its last five games as an underdog.More news: Bernie Sanders releases a decade of tax returns
Jordan Eberle continues to put up points with his third goal of the series.
When the Penguins thought they had an advantage - following Garrett Wilson's goal 12:54 into the first period for a 1-0 lead - the Islanders answered right back. Just after a Penguins power play expired, Marcus Pettersson launched a shot from the left point.
Finding themselves trailing in another game this series, the Penguins, as they did in the previous two games, could not generate enough to test Lehner and threaten any sort of comeback.More news: IOS 13 to Reportedly Include Dark Mode, Multitasking Improvements
Nelson gave NY a 2-1 lead 1:02 after Eberle's goal.
But by the start of the third period, the Islanders were up again, this time 2-1.
The Islanders had held serve at the Coliseum over the past week, winning a dramatic 4-3 overtime contest in Game 1 on Wednesday and a decisive 3-1 victory in Game 2 on Friday. Anthony Beauvillier corralled a loose puck in the neutral zone and got it to Valtteri Filppula.More news: Chinese video sharing app TikTok banned in India
Anders Lee ended things with an empty-net goal with 1:20 remaining in regulation.
- Team assesses Everything went wrong with lunar landing
- Rep. Omar says death threats spiked after Trump tweet
- Georgia Engel Dead - 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' Star Dies at 70
- Ex-DNI chief: 'Stunning and scary' that Barr would raise spying allegation
- Fiji fall apart in Singapore 7s final
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order features "cinematic" and immersive combat
- MDHHS reports new case of measles related to U of M visit
- Duke’s Zion Williamson declares for the NBA Draft
- Russell Wilson tweets he has new deal with Seattle Seahawks
- S. Korean photographer wins Pulitzer Prize