Quilty said the cause of death remains unknown.
She was a five-time Emmy nominee, receiving two nods for the late Moore's show and three for Everybody Loves Raymond. Cast as bubbly Georgette, her part kept expanding as audiences delighted in her sweet delivery in contrast to her TV husband Ted Knight's comedic bluster as narcissistic anchorman Ted Baxter. "And insane talented. I will miss her", Valerie Bertinelli, who starred in "Hot in Cleveland", said in a Twitter post.More news: Ex-DNI chief: 'Stunning and scary' that Barr would raise spying allegation
Engel appeared on Broadway in plays and musicals including Hello, Dolly!
Off-Broadway she was seen in Annie Baker's John at Signature Theatre for which she won an Obie Award, Uncle Vanya at Soho Rep, and, Will Eno's Middletown at Vineyard Theatre.
Engel's final credited television appearance came a year ago in the Netflix series "One Day at a Time".More news: Notre Dame fire: Paris laments as Emmanuel Macron commits to rebuilding cathedral
When that show ended in 1977, she appeared in a few more short-lived sitcoms and made appearances in movies like "Dr. Dolittle 2" and "The Sweetest Thing" before landing the role in "Everybody Loves Raymond".
Her other television credits include Rhoda, Hot in Cleveland, Coach, One Day At A Time, Two And A Half Men, The Office, Neighbours, Passions, Fantasy Island, The Love Boat, Mork & Mindy, and many more.
Engel reunited with "Mary Tyler Moore's" Gavin MacLeod in 2018.More news: GAME OF THRONES Premiere Watched By Record 17.4 Million Viewers
- Avs, MacKinnon rally to beat Flames in OT
- SpaceX Loses Falcon Heavy Rocket Center Core Booster in Atlantic Ocean
- Russell Wilson tweets he has new deal with Seattle Seahawks
- Who is Bill Weld? Donald Trump facing shock 2020 Republican challenge
- Pope Francis blesses palm branches as he ushers in Holy Week
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order features "cinematic" and immersive combat
- Is Verizon's Pixel 3 Exclusivity Coming to an End?
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez shares her ideal 'Game of Thrones' outcome
- Microsoft to release Surface Buds to compete with Amazon and Apple
- After "Parivar Bhakti" Taunt, PM Modi Offers Salve To Amarinder Singh