"I know you join me in keeping Sydney, and her family and loved ones, in your thoughts and prayers", Father McShane also said, reported the New York Times.
A 22-year-old college senior fell to her death in NY while climbing the stairs of an off-limits campus clock tower in the early hours of Sunday, authorities said. "Ms. Monfries had posted a video from the top of the tower on Snapchat with the caption "Bell tower" early Sunday, according to video shared with The New York Times". She was rushed to St. Barnabas Hospital, where she passed away on Sunday evening. "As the clock tower is a rather unsafe, and therefore secured, area of campus, students would likely face disciplinary action if they entered it".
Keating Hall was locked before the students gained entry to the tower, Fordham's Senior Director of Communications Gina Vergel told The Daily Caller News Foundation. "But right now they're just trying to process this tremendous loss" while being "very appreciate of all the family and friends who've come around to support them", the friend said. "Pease don't hesitate to use them: no matter how you reach out, I promise you someone will be there to listen", he wrote. "They are always doing some kind of cleaning or renovation", she said. But there is no bell in the tower, the school said.More news: Trump vetoes measure to end US involvement in Yemen war
Her uncle Gregory Monfries, said: "This is not a good time".
"She couldn't breathe. She hit her head".
Fordham University confirmed the incident and sent a letter to students.More news: Sony’s PS4 successor sports 3D audio tech, faster SSD storage
The University will issue a more complete statement as soon as possible.
"Fordham will confer a bachelor's degree upon Sydney posthumously, which we will present to her parents at the appropriate time", McShane said.
A Portland, Oregon, native, Monfries was studying journalism at Fordham and was expected to graduate in May.More news: Nipsey Hussle's Kids Don't Need Handouts Because They're Set Up For Life
- Search for woman after Columbine 'threat'
- Bettor Won More Than $1 Million Thanks To Tiger Woods’ Masters Win
- Barcelona 3 United 0 (Agg: 4-0)
- Text Messages Reveal How Kim Foxx Referred to Smollett
- Hoda Kotb adopts a second daughter at 54
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Juventus stunned on an 'incredible evening for Ajax'
- Cloud lifting with lots of sunshine sending Easter temperatures soaring
- The Honor 20 is coming on 21 May
- S. Korean photographer wins Pulitzer Prize
- Sophie Turner taking a break to focus on mental health