Following the race, Hasay posted a photo to Instagram that shows her crossing the finish line as her father pumps his fist.
Running his first Boston Marathon, Lawrence Cherono of Kenya won the men's competition in the closest finish in the men's race since 1988.More news: Orioles' Davis singles in 1st, ending record hitless streak
While Kenya's Cherono claimed victory by just two seconds ahead of Ethiopia's Lelisa Desisa after the pair and Kenya's Kenneth Kipkemoi split away from a large lead group, Ethiopia's Degefa made her move just four miles into the women's race and at one point had a lead of nearly three minutes ahead of her rivals.
Brooke-Alvinston's "Marathon Mom" had another impressive run at this year's Boston Marathon.More news: Measles cases in NYC rise to 329, outbreak expected to worsen
Other Maine runners with notable times were Robert Ashby, 50, of Brunswick, who placed third in his age group and 294th overall in 2:38:23; Evan Graves, 37, of Caribou in 2:44:20; and Julian Gazzelloni, 27, of Belgrade in 2:44:52.
Seven American runners finished in the top 20 of the men's race, with Scott Fauble leading the way in seventh place. Kenyans Kenneth Kipkemoi (2:08:07), Felix Kandie (2:08:54) and Geoffrey Kirui (2:08:55) rounded out the top five in the men's elite race.More news: Watford's Holebas out of Arsenal clash with hamstring problem
- God of War director confirms there will be 'no DLC coming'
- Blazers Outlast Thunder 104-99, Take Game 1 in Portland
- Israel Folau served with breach notice over comments
- Deadly storms push through the U.S. East Coast
- World’s largest plane by wingspan lifts off into the history books
- Yogi Adityanath, Mayawati Punished For Poll Code Violation
- Lori Loughlin Pleads Not Guilty After Indictment for College Bribery Scheme
- OnePlus 7 details may be officially revealed on April 17
- Kim offers Trump a third summit
- Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral on fire - firefighters