With their hype being raised more and more in the past few months, the group released their latest EP, Map Of The Soul: Persona, on Friday.
For quite some time now, the world has been waking up the brilliance of K-pop collective BTS. "Kill This Love" by Blackpink achieved the previous record just one week prior.More news: God of War director confirms there will be 'no DLC coming'
The K-pop group's performance was highly anticipated, with passionate fans - coined "The Army" - reportedly camped out in front of the studio days in advance in hopes of meeting them.
Showcasing 13 songs in a set lasting more than 50 minutes, the quartet nailed a benchmark as the first female K-pop act to perform at Coachella.More news: Samsung’s Fancy Galaxy S10 In-Display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner Has Been Duped
BTS and Halsey are performing their collaboration "Boy With Luv" at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards for the first time together. YouTube didn't immediately respond to a request for comment, but according to Variety, the video smashed the site's record for most views in the first 24 hours of release. The "Buy with Luv" video is now also the fastest YouTube video to garner 100 million views, another feat achieved in just under 38 hours (1 day and 14 hours).
This is a shout out to the ARMYs around the globe, who supported the BTS comeback with full-force and helped the boys achieve new records.More news: Watford's Holebas out of Arsenal clash with hamstring problem
- Measles cases in NYC rise to 329, outbreak expected to worsen
- Israel Folau served with breach notice over comments
- Harvick wins pole at Richmond Raceway
- Sudan protesters continue sit-in, demand civilian rule
- Ex-DNI chief: 'Stunning and scary' that Barr would raise spying allegation
- Kim offers Trump a third summit
- Worknesh Degefa and Lawrence Cherono win Boston Marathon
- Johnny Depp Calls Amber Heard's Deposition Detailing Physical Abuse A "Hoax"
- 3 killed after small plane collides with helicopter in Nepal
- World’s largest plane by wingspan lifts off into the history books