The Seattle Seahawks did not cave to the demands of the Super Bowl-winning quarterback and there is no contract extension in place.
In classic Wilson form, he was the first to break the news.
Certainly, Seattle would use the franchise tag to secure Wilson's rights, keeping him from hitting free agency.
The Seahawks have not officially made an announcement. After that extension, Wilson said he would have tabled contract talks and played out the final year of his rookie contract had the two sides not met the deadline.More news: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez shares her ideal 'Game of Thrones' outcome
As for Wilson, rumors continued to swirl Monday about his future, and as is often the case in a high-level negotiation in which no one on either side is saying anything publicly, some of it was conflicting.
That response glosses over the more fundamental question of whether Wilson would like for the Seahawks to let him get away.
The answer to that question won't be known unless and until the Seahawks and Wilson fail to work out a contract before Wilson's stated deadline of April 15, and whether the Seahawks would at some point explore the possibility of trading Wilson elsewhere.
The 30-year-old's old average annual salary - $21.9 million - had put him at 12th in the National Football League for quarterbacks.More news: Cavs to interview Juwan Howard, Jamahl Mosley for head coaching position
Without disclosing the terms, Wilson shared the news in the form of a video with wife, Ciara.
Wilson said recently that his next contract could make him the NFL's highest-paid player.
The nine ERFAs kept in the fold are: linebackers Austin Calitro and Emmanuel Ellerbee, center Joey Hunt, defensive end Branden Jackson, safetey Shalom Luani, running back J.D. McKissic, snapper Tyler Ott, cornerback Kalan Reed and guard Jordan Simmons.More news: Bernie Sanders releases a decade of tax returns
- Amazon is reportedly preparing to launch a free music streaming service
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order features "cinematic" and immersive combat
- Rep. Omar says death threats spiked after Trump tweet
- Oil rig workers rescue exhausted dog found swimming off Thailand’s coast
- Samsung’s Fancy Galaxy S10 In-Display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner Has Been Duped
- World’s largest plane by wingspan lifts off into the history books
- Microsoft to bring its best auto racing game to Android and iOS
- Climate change protesters block roads in London
- Ilhan Omar says Trump’s actions are inciting death threats
- GAME OF THRONES Premiere Watched By Record 17.4 Million Viewers