"He's a great player that brings calm".
He simply can not be replaced, according to Zidane, which may sound great but it really doesn't help solve the problem that Madrid now face.
The Frenchman returned for a second spell in charge of the Bernabeu club in March after Santiago Solari's sacking, and the likes of Gareth Bale, Marcelo and Isco have since been linked with departures at the end of the campaign.
They were ejected out of the Champions League at the hands of Eredivisie side Ajax and knocked out of the Copa del Rey by Barcelona, leaving the 13 time European champions with little to play for.More news: Sudan protesters continue sit-in, demand civilian rule
"[Bale] is an important player of the squad", Zidane said.
Substitute En-Nesyri was rightly flagged offside as Leganes pushed for a victor, with Cuellar on top form at the other end to deny Marcelo and ensure a well-deserved point against their illustrious city rivals.
The Wales worldwide has struggled to fill the void left by Cristiano Ronaldo this season and appears likely to move on at the end of the campaign, although Bale's agent says he wants to stay.
"Everyone talks about Toni, and other players, in terms of whether I want them or not".More news: Cavs to interview Juwan Howard, Jamahl Mosley for head coaching position
"There are seven games left", he said.
Zidane's men are third in LaLiga, five points behind their city rivals Atletico Madrid, who eased past Celta Vigo 2-0 on Saturday.
Playing on Monday: "A lot of teams have to play on Monday and now we have to".More news: Measles cases in NYC rise to 329, outbreak expected to worsen
- Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral on fire - firefighters
- OnePlus 7 details may be officially revealed on April 17
- Blazers Outlast Thunder 104-99, Take Game 1 in Portland
- Microsoft Confirms Hackers Could Read Outlook, MSN and Hotmail Emails
- Yogi Adityanath, Mayawati Punished For Poll Code Violation
- Authorities: Large, flightless bird kills its Florida owner
- Brooklyn Nets upset Philadelphia 76ers in play-off opener
- President Trump to award Tiger Woods with the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Israel Folau served with breach notice over comments
- David Griffin Agrees To Become Pelicans' Executive VP Of Basketball Operations