Bush awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Arnold Palmer in 2004.
Sunday's win was the 15th major victory of Woods' career and his first since 2008.More news: World’s 1st 3D-printed heart with ‘cells, blood vessels’ unveiled in Israel
President Donald Trump announced he will give the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Tiger Woods after the golfer won the Masters Tournament for the fifth time ever and the first since 2005. Trump has promised a lot on Twitter, so it remains to be seen if Tiger will actually receive the Medal, but as of now it's been a pretty great week for the golf icon.
Woods' victory marked his first Masters victory in 14 years, after a series of back problems and personal problems threatened to end his career.More news: PCB conducts players' fitness tests for World Cup 2019
Trump, of course, is an avid golfer, who played alongside Woods and Nicklaus in early February at one of Trump's Florida courses, with Nicklaus's son Steve rounding out the foursome.
The medal is the highest civilian honor in the United States and is given annually to people who have made outstanding contributions to the security or national interests of the country, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors. Three of them - Pro Football Hall of Famers Roger Staubach and Alan Page as well as Major League Baseball legend Babe Ruth - are most famous for their athletic achievements.More news: How Mueller's hunt for a Russia-Trump conspiracy came up short
Mr. Trump owns a dozen golf courses in the US and frequently spends his weekends at his clubs in Florida, Virginia or New Jersey.
- Fordham student injured in fall from bell tower
- Orioles' Davis singles in 1st, ending record hitless streak
- First STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN Images
- Blake Griffin Will Not Play In Game 1 Against The Bucks
- Egypt's Sissi meets Libyan strongman Haftar in Cairo
- Assange used embassy for 'spying', says Ecuador president
- Microsoft Confirms Hackers Could Read Outlook, MSN and Hotmail Emails
- Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral on fire - firefighters
- Guardiola reckons Man City must win all remaining fixtures to regain title
- Harden scores 29 as Rockets rout Jazz in Game 1