Well, the Washington Capitals captain added that dubious item on Monday night after dropping the gloves with Hurricanes rookie Andrei Svechnikov in the first period of Game 3 in Carolina. They exchanged several blows before Ovechkin connected with a knockout punch to the right side of Svechnikov's head. He appeared dazed as he was helped off the ice.More news: World’s 1st 3D-printed heart with ‘cells, blood vessels’ unveiled in Israel
There's debate over whether or not Ovi pushed Svechnikov down onto the ice, but the slow motion replay looks like he may have just lost his balance.
Ovechkin, 33, has only fought three times in his National Hockey League career, with the last bout coming against the New York Rangers' Brandon Dubinski in 2010. Ovechkin was handed a five-minute fighting major.More news: Brooklyn Nets upset Philadelphia 76ers in play-off opener
Carolina said Svechnikov would miss the rest of the game with an upper-body injury.
The 19-year-old Svechnikov who was taken No. 2 overall in last year's draft has two goals and an assist in the series. Micheal Ferland also went to the locker room after a hit on forward Tom Wilson. The Capitals lead the best-of-seven first round series 2-1.More news: Israel Folau served with breach notice over comments
- Microsoft Confirms Hackers Could Read Outlook, MSN and Hotmail Emails
- Barcelona v Manchester United
- Yogi Adityanath, Mayawati Punished For Poll Code Violation
- 3 killed after small plane collides with helicopter in Nepal
- God of War director confirms there will be 'no DLC coming'
- Guardiola reckons Man City must win all remaining fixtures to regain title
- World’s largest plane by wingspan lifts off into the history books
- Watford's Holebas out of Arsenal clash with hamstring problem
- Kim offers Trump a third summit
- Sixers’ Amir Johnson caught using his phone on the bench