Well, the Washington Capitals captain added that dubious item on Monday night after dropping the gloves with Hurricanes rookie Andrei Svechnikov in the first period of Game 3 in Carolina. They exchanged several blows before Ovechkin connected with a knockout punch to the right side of Svechnikov's head. He appeared dazed as he was helped off the ice.More news: Klobuchar Releases Taxes, Urges Trump to Do Same
There's debate over whether or not Ovi pushed Svechnikov down onto the ice, but the slow motion replay looks like he may have just lost his balance.
Ovechkin, 33, has only fought three times in his National Hockey League career, with the last bout coming against the New York Rangers' Brandon Dubinski in 2010. Ovechkin was handed a five-minute fighting major.More news: Kim offers Trump a third summit
Carolina said Svechnikov would miss the rest of the game with an upper-body injury.
The 19-year-old Svechnikov who was taken No. 2 overall in last year's draft has two goals and an assist in the series. Micheal Ferland also went to the locker room after a hit on forward Tom Wilson. The Capitals lead the best-of-seven first round series 2-1.More news: Sebastian Stan Reacts to New Falcon & Winter Soldier Disney+ Show
- OnePlus 7 details may be officially revealed on April 17
- Brooklyn Nets upset Philadelphia 76ers in play-off opener
- David Griffin Agrees To Become Pelicans' Executive VP Of Basketball Operations
- Measles cases in NYC rise to 329, outbreak expected to worsen
- Microsoft Confirms Hackers Could Read Outlook, MSN and Hotmail Emails
- Sixers’ Amir Johnson caught using his phone on the bench
- Worknesh Degefa and Lawrence Cherono win Boston Marathon
- Johnny Depp Calls Amber Heard's Deposition Detailing Physical Abuse A "Hoax"
- Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane reveals who can replace Cristiano Ronaldo
- Sudan protesters continue sit-in, demand civilian rule