They lowered a rope down to the dog and pulled them to safety.
Payalaw wrote that the dog did not make a noise while he cling to the pole and that the workers raced to tie a rope around his neck so he wouldn't be swept away by waves, according to the Bangkok Post.
The moment the dog crawled onto the rusty bars of the rig were captured on video, after workers had called out to her as she swam towards them. "But if the ripples were bigger, I think we probably wouldn't have noticed her at all".
The workers plucked the dog out of the water and sheltered her for two days until passage could be arranged on a vessel bound for Songkhla, Thailand. We found her trying to swim towards our rig, which is about 220 kilometres from the shore. Finally, we chose to tie a rope around his neck and pull him to our site. "When we first took her on board she was depressed and exhausted from being in the water for a long time".More news: Samsung’s Fancy Galaxy S10 In-Display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner Has Been Duped
"He likely lost a lot of body water from the sea water".
Boonrod was placed in the care of local charity group Smile Dog House. "She started sitting up and walking normally", he added.
The workers don't know how the dog ended up in the water so far from the coast, speculating that he may have fallen from a boat, Payalaw said.
He was nursed back to health on the rig while staff radioed for help, requesting the assistance of a tanker that was heading back to shore.More news: Watch BTS Perform On 'SNL' : All Songs Considered
She was sent to the animal charity Watchdog Thailand today who took her to be checked over by vets.
Vitisak said that they only spotted the dog because the sea was unusually calm.
'Everybody who played a part in co-coordinating the rescue has done a brilliant job'.More news: Ilhan Omar says Trump’s actions are inciting death threats
- Worknesh Degefa and Lawrence Cherono win Boston Marathon
- Bernie Sanders releases a decade of tax returns
- Russell Wilson tweets he has new deal with Seattle Seahawks
- IOS 13 to Reportedly Include Dark Mode, Multitasking Improvements
- Ex-DNI chief: 'Stunning and scary' that Barr would raise spying allegation
- Rep. Omar says death threats spiked after Trump tweet
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order features "cinematic" and immersive combat
- Toronto Maple Leafs bounce back big against the Boston Bruins
- Climate change protesters block roads in London
- Ovechkin knocks out Hurricanes rookie Svechnikov in Game 3 fight