Speaking at a trucking company in the Minneapolis suburb of Burnsville on Monday, Trump said he hoped his economic message would be met with enthusiasm from a state that he came within 1.5 percentage points of carrying in 2016.
He claimed his tax cuts are the largest in US history, but the facts show otherwise.
Tax Day also comes this year amid an ongoing battle for the president's tax returns.
This year's Tax Freedom Day was to fall on April 16 - 105 days into the year. But history would appear to be against him: Minnesota has not voted for a Republican for president since Richard Nixon in 1972.More news: Guardiola reckons Man City must win all remaining fixtures to regain title
The state's Democrats saw a huge overall resurgence during the anti-Trump backlash of 2018, notably in traditionally Republican suburbs of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Trump was joined at the roundtable by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Minnesota Republican U.S. Rep. Tom Emmer, small business owners from Minnesota, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Florida and others.
"It is quite a bit earlier than it was mainly due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which reduced federal tax liability quite a bit", Pomerleau said.
She says it's because she believes in "transparency and accountability". Amy Klobuchar spoke out about Trump's tax bill. But so far, the tax cuts haven't delivered a major shot of financial adrenaline to most families. One poll found that just one-fifth of taxpayers were certain their taxes went down.More news: Blazers Outlast Thunder 104-99, Take Game 1 in Portland
More evidence came from a report by tax preparer H&R Block on Thursday that said Americans were undergoing a "confusing tax experience" this season. The total number of people receiving refunds is down just under 2 percent; with the average refund down slightly more than 1 percent, from $2,864 to 2,833 this year.
Federal data also showed a negligible increase in refunds.
Another poll in March found that only 21 percent of taxpayers expect to pay less taxes, despite promises from the Trump administration that savings would be universal.More news: Elon Musk Tweets Out Another Tesla Forecast in Midst of SEC Talks
- Lori Loughlin Pleads Not Guilty After Indictment for College Bribery Scheme
- Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral on fire - firefighters
- President Trump to award Tiger Woods with the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri reveals what went wrong with plan against Liverpool
- World’s 1st 3D-printed heart with ‘cells, blood vessels’ unveiled in Israel
- Orioles' Davis singles in 1st, ending record hitless streak
- David Griffin Agrees To Become Pelicans' Executive VP Of Basketball Operations
- How Mueller's hunt for a Russia-Trump conspiracy came up short
- Assange used embassy for 'spying', says Ecuador president
- OnePlus 7 details may be officially revealed on April 17