It's incredible to think that PS4-exclusive God of War, widely regarded as both 2018's best and one of the greatest games ever made, celebrates its one-year anniversary this Saturday.
This isn't the only surprise in store, as Sony also released a really lovely dynamic theme featuring father and son on their now iconic boat, topped by God of War's fantastic music.
There are two thank you gifts for PS4 owners to look forward to.More news: Sebastian Stan Reacts to New Falcon & Winter Soldier Disney+ Show
"I'm very happy to indulge you with a small token of our appreciation".
"Yet, change is hard".
First up, there's a PS4 dynamic theme that you can grab right now, which depicts Atreus and Kratos in the Lake of Nine. It's completely free and you can find it here on the North American and European PlayStation Stores.More news: World’s 1st 3D-printed heart with ‘cells, blood vessels’ unveiled in Israel
"Change to a longstanding franchise comes with immeasurable doubt, a studio-defining risk, and a huge leap of faith", she said. Indeed, not only does it remind us to consider the people who actually make our favourite games whenever we post about them online, it stands as a prime example of the power video games have to unite us. Developer Sony Santa Monica is getting in on the birthday spirit by giving away freebies all of this week.
It's been nearly a year since we were re-introduced to Kratos and met his boooahhyy child Atreus in God of War. On top of these accolades, God of War won Game of the Year at this year's SXSW Gaming Awards, and also at GDC 2019.
But with last year's God of War proving so popular, expect more from the series as we enter the next generation of PlayStation consoles.More news: Khloe Kardashian Has "Anxiety" Ahead Of True Thompson's First Birthday
- Lori Loughlin intends to plead not guilty in college entrance scam
- Watford's Holebas out of Arsenal clash with hamstring problem
- Xbox One S All-Digital getting unveiled this week, out next month
- President Trump to award Tiger Woods with the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Harden scores 29 as Rockets rout Jazz in Game 1
- Fordham student injured in fall from bell tower
- Guardiola reckons Man City must win all remaining fixtures to regain title
- Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri reveals what went wrong with plan against Liverpool
- Authorities: Large, flightless bird kills its Florida owner
- Another ROYAL FIRST! Inside Meghan Markle's water birth