It's incredible to think that PS4-exclusive God of War, widely regarded as both 2018's best and one of the greatest games ever made, celebrates its one-year anniversary this Saturday.
This isn't the only surprise in store, as Sony also released a really lovely dynamic theme featuring father and son on their now iconic boat, topped by God of War's fantastic music.
There are two thank you gifts for PS4 owners to look forward to.More news: Xbox One S All-Digital getting unveiled this week, out next month
"I'm very happy to indulge you with a small token of our appreciation".
"Yet, change is hard".
First up, there's a PS4 dynamic theme that you can grab right now, which depicts Atreus and Kratos in the Lake of Nine. It's completely free and you can find it here on the North American and European PlayStation Stores.More news: Assange used embassy for 'spying', says Ecuador president
"Change to a longstanding franchise comes with immeasurable doubt, a studio-defining risk, and a huge leap of faith", she said. Indeed, not only does it remind us to consider the people who actually make our favourite games whenever we post about them online, it stands as a prime example of the power video games have to unite us. Developer Sony Santa Monica is getting in on the birthday spirit by giving away freebies all of this week.
It's been nearly a year since we were re-introduced to Kratos and met his boooahhyy child Atreus in God of War. On top of these accolades, God of War won Game of the Year at this year's SXSW Gaming Awards, and also at GDC 2019.
But with last year's God of War proving so popular, expect more from the series as we enter the next generation of PlayStation consoles.More news: Blazers Outlast Thunder 104-99, Take Game 1 in Portland
- Orioles' Davis singles in 1st, ending record hitless streak
- How Mueller's hunt for a Russia-Trump conspiracy came up short
- Another ROYAL FIRST! Inside Meghan Markle's water birth
- Fordham student injured in fall from bell tower
- Khloe Kardashian Has "Anxiety" Ahead Of True Thompson's First Birthday
- Guardiola reckons Man City must win all remaining fixtures to regain title
- Barcelona v Manchester United
- Elon Musk Tweets Out Another Tesla Forecast in Midst of SEC Talks
- Harden scores 29 as Rockets rout Jazz in Game 1
- Watford's Holebas out of Arsenal clash with hamstring problem