Game of Thrones Season 8 is now underway, with an episode that brings us dragon riding, revelations, and above all else, reunions. Based on the premiere's viewership numbers, it looks likely that the final season of "Game of Thrones" will continue that streak as well.More news: Worknesh Degefa and Lawrence Cherono win Boston Marathon
Fans of the medieval saga had to wait almost two years for a new development after the showrunners wanted more time write the final six episodes.
That includes 11.8 million television viewers who watched the popular fantasy drama on HBO at 9 p.m. Sunday night. It also was HBO's biggest night ever for streaming, the network said. Season 8 is sure to burn that record right up.More news: Barcelona v Manchester United
Monday mornings are going to be all things Game of Thrones for the next few weeks.
"Thrones" has become a TV blockbuster at a time when there's enormous competition from streaming services and social media. That places the leak at only four hours ahead of the premiere, and spoilers were pretty avoidable for fans as long as they weren't all over social media in the final hours before the episode.More news: Brooklyn Nets upset Philadelphia 76ers in play-off opener
"There was a bit where Jon nearly falls off the dragon - swings round really violent like this - and my right ball got trapped, and I didn't have time to say stop", Harington said in a behind-the-scenes video.
- World’s 1st 3D-printed heart with ‘cells, blood vessels’ unveiled in Israel
- Guardiola reckons Man City must win all remaining fixtures to regain title
- Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane reveals who can replace Cristiano Ronaldo
- Measles cases in NYC rise to 329, outbreak expected to worsen
- Sebastian Stan Reacts to New Falcon & Winter Soldier Disney+ Show
- Israel Folau served with breach notice over comments
- Sudan protesters continue sit-in, demand civilian rule
- God of War director confirms there will be 'no DLC coming'
- Toronto Maple Leafs bounce back big against the Boston Bruins
- Harvick wins pole at Richmond Raceway