Winx kicked off her 2019 Sydney Autumn Carnival campaign with a win in the Group 2 $250,000 The Star Apollo Stakes (1400m) at Randwick on February 16 followed by a win in the Group 1 $600,000 Chipping Norton Stakes (1600m) at Randwick again two weeks later.
Taking her streak to 33 wins, Winx strolled away to beat Japanese runner Kluger and Hartnell in the $4 million race that she has now won for the past three years.
Waller said that he has prepared Winx and himself no differently than he would leading up to a major race and added that Winx is ready to fire for her grand final appearance.
In her usual style, Winx held back until the final bend before powering to the finish line to deafening roars from the crowd.
Her 37 victories matched the career record of Phar Lap, while she extended the record of Group One wins she took sole possession of last month with her 23rd win.More news: Johnson left red faced after practice swing gaffe
Straight after finishing Bowman was left in disbelief at the luck he had for being the man who was on the saddle throughout Winx's career. "But in terms of modern-day racing, what she's done, what the team's done to get behind her, most importantly the Winx fans, it has really propelled her right up there as one of the best".
"This horse has captured the hearts of a lot of people around the globe".
"I wouldn't say life moves on after Winx.but there's a special bond between the owners, the trainer, the jockey all our key staff and our families that'll never be replaced".
An emotional Bowman said the number of people who had come to see Winx's last-ever race was overwhelming.
Experts predict each of her foals could fetch more than a million dollars. I am so proud of her.More news: IPL 2019: Match 27, Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals - Lesser Known Stats
"It sure has. I hadn't thought about winning a race like today ever in my lifetime".
Waller said returning to his Rosehill stable will probably give Winx the impression her campaign is not over, but it most certainly is.
"Whether they are here at Randwick today, but all around Australia, New Zealand and the world".
"The wonderful horse Winx has continued to deliver".
"She is spot on", Waller told Sky Racing's HQ Saturday.More news: Chief: Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony being treated
- Students of US’ Georgetown University approve funds to support slaves’ descendants
- Incredible new Nike ad celebrates Tiger Woods' Masters win
- Bruins bounce back to down Maple Leafs in Game 2
- Democrats slam Trump over sanctuary cities threat
- Taliban announce spring offensive as Afghanistan peace talks continue
- Epic Games Has Reportedly Hired Infinity Ward Co-Founder Jason West
- Google & Huawei could end up paying $400 to Nexus 6P users
- How to watch Game of Thrones (Season 8) Online
- Tornadoes kill at least three children as massive storm sweeps U.S
- Top House Democrat steps up demand for Trump's tax returns