Woods first major triumph since the 2008 U.S. Open, and first Masters victory since 2005, drew plaudits from across all corners of the world, but the ones from his peers were among the most prominent. "I am so happy for him and for the game of golf", read a text to CBS from Jack Nicklaus, whose 18 career majors and six Masters titles Woods (with 15 and five) sits just behind.
If Donald Trump and Barack Obama are in agreement, you know something incredible has happened.
Woods' combined score of 205 through three rounds at Augusta ties that same score he shot in 2002 and 205 - both Tiger wins.More news: GoT star Iain Glen to play Bruce Wayne in Titans series
NFL players from around the league watched Woods' historic turnaround and showed the star golfer support on social media.
He ended last season by winning the Tour Championship and showed signs of a breakthrough at the majors by being a title contender at last year's British Open, where he led in the final round, and PGA Championship, where he finished runner-up.
Brooks Koepka of the USA hits off the 2nd tee during third round play. Tiger Woods of the US celebrates with with his green jacket after winning the 2019 Masters.More news: From Texas to Georgia, South braces for storms and potential tornadoes
"I'm pretty comfortable being in, being up there on the leaderboard in a major come Sunday", said Koepka, whose roller-coaster round included an eagle, five birdies and four bogeys. "I'm aware that it's not going to be easy tomorrow".
Ditto for fellow athletes - and champions in their own right - Tom Brady, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Abby Wambach and Serena Williams, several of whom became emotional when Woods sealed the deal.More news: India called Pakistan's bluff with air strikes: PM Modi
- BTS kicks off new era with EP, song with Halsey
- How to watch Game of Thrones (Season 8) Online
- Epic Games Has Reportedly Hired Infinity Ward Co-Founder Jason West
- Mike Pompeo accused Iran of ties to Al-Qaeda
- Disney Partners with Coca-Cola for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge
- Students of US’ Georgetown University approve funds to support slaves’ descendants
- Google & Huawei could end up paying $400 to Nexus 6P users
- Johnson left red faced after practice swing gaffe
- Child critical after being thrown from third floor balcony
- Cain may not be able to pass US Senate hearings