Nazem Kadri was actually doing a decent job of keeping his cool. Kadri was able to return in the third period, and actually scored Toronto's only goal, but was ejected after an ugly, high hit on DeBrusk. Kadri was also suspended four games in April 2016 for cross-checking.
As a result, Kadri was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct.
Kadri has been offered an in-person hearing, which is usually a precursor to a lengthy suspension.
Kadri will have a hearing with the league, which will give the league a chance to gift him a suspension of six or more games.
"It's up to the league to decide, to be honest".More news: Johnson left red faced after practice swing gaffe
"In anything in life, you want to be in control and you've got to own everything".
"We've made our adjustments, we've looked - you've got lots of time, you've got one team - you go through it both individually for players and collectively as a group and see what you can improve on". "If the play is there, make it".
The Carolina Hurricanes clawed back from a 2-0 and 3-2 deficit to take their game against the Caps to overtime, but Brooks Orpik provided the game-winner to pull the Caps ahead 2-0 in the series. Status as a repeat offender is taken into account on disciplinary decisions, and the 28-year-old has already been suspended or fined seven previous times for various hits, gestures, and attempts at embellishment.
"The fact of the matter is that what Kadri did was much, much worse than any other infraction in this game".
Babcock's options as replacements for his third-line centre include Marleau and William Nylander, but neither scenario is ideal.More news: Google & Huawei could end up paying $400 to Nexus 6P users
"It's disappointing for Naz, disappointing for our team", said Babcock.
"They had a push and we weren't really ready for it", Muzzin said.
The Leafs will be looking to rebound Monday following a physical and emotional Game 2 that saw the Bruins come out swinging - literally and figuratively - following a sub-par performance in Toronto's emphatic 4-1 victory in the opener.
Toronto forward Nazem Kadri had a busy Saturday night.
Late in the second period, with the Leafs trailing 3-0, Kadri got penalized for hooking.More news: Amazon, Walmart trade barbs on taxes and wages
It was clear the Bruins were going to try and dominate right off the start and you say them crashing and banging any player in a white jersey. That animosity carried over into Game 2 and they once again got tangled up early in the game.
- Child critical after being thrown from third floor balcony
- Chief: Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony being treated
- How to watch Game of Thrones (Season 8) Online
- From Texas to Georgia, South braces for storms and potential tornadoes
- Vegas Sportsbooks Suffer "Biggest Loss EVER" After Tiger Woods Wins Masters (TWEETS)
- Galaxy A80: Photos, Release Date, Specifications, And Price Details
- BTS kicks off new era with EP, song with Halsey
- Liverpool vs Chelsea, Premier League 2018-19
- Curry sets playoff record as Warriors dominate Clippers
- National Basketball Association playoff schedule 2019: Warriors-Clippers first-round dates, times