In the interview, Trump said that he has considered his daughter, who works in the White House as an assistant to the president, for various positions, including United Nations ambassador, however, he has been dissuaded due to the appearance of nepotism.
"And I don't know what she's actually accomplished", he added.
"I don't even want to pronounce her name".More news: Tesla, Panasonic freeze expansion, Nikkei says
Last year, The New York Times reported that the First Lady and First Daughter had a "complicated" relationship, which would be understandable - after all, working with your step-mother in the White House doesn't exactly sound like a cakewalk.
Haruhiko Kuroda, head of the Bank of Japan, told reporters on Friday that the G-20 officials saw the IMF's revised forecast as "highly likely" but said all the countries would need to do their part to boost growth.
The president said he didn't nominate her for the post because if he did, his opponents would claim it was "nepotism, when it would've had nothing to do with nepotism".More news: Luka Jovic’s father speaks out on potential move to Barcelona
In a new profile of Ivanka from The Atlantic's Elaina Plott, Trump said that Ivanka's exact job coming in was unclear. "She would've been great at the United Nations, as an example", Mr Trump said.
Donald Trump believes his daughter Ivanka "would have been incredible" as president of the World Bank.
While Ivanka does not have an extensive background in global development or trade economics, she holds an economics degree and spent much of her career as a businesswoman and entrepreneur.
While Trump claimed to the magazine that Ivanka was responsible for "creating millions of jobs", her actual, concrete achievements have been harder to pin down.More news: Polesitter Bottas wary of Ferrari threat, despite Mercedes qualifying advantage
- Ukraine Embassy shootout: London police OPEN FIRE after auto RAMS ambassador's vehicle
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Pre-Order Details
- P30 Pro set to be Hauwei's best-selling phone in SA
- Stratolaunch plane makes first flight
- China's exports rise, but imports shrink for a fourth month
- Why Tiger Woods Is Wearing A Mock Turtleneck At The Masters
- Braves lock up another young star, sign Ozzie Albies to extension
- WATCH Devastation Wrought by Deadly Tornado in Texas
- 5 candidates to replace Dave Joerger as head coach
- National Hockey League suspends Lightning star Nikita Kucherov one game for boardinig