Xiaomi's sub-brand Redmi is set to launch a new selfie phone. Redmi India's tweet too had #YYY which indicates that the company is soon releasing the Redmi Y3. Redmi's smartphones ship with Xiaomi's MIUI Android overlay, so the same will happen with this device as well, as MIUI 10 will come pre-installed.More news: SpaceX: Falcon Heavy rocket launch and landing
The upcoming flagship is also expected to sport a large battery on the inside, while its display will probably be larger than 6 inches, but we're still not sure how large. Moreover, Redmi General Manager, Lu Weibing also mentioned a Redmi phone with 32 MP front camera on his Weibo account. Successor to the past year launched Redmi 6, the smartphone comes with a 6.26-inch HD+ display with 720x1520 pixel resolution.
If this device is legit, Redmi's upcoming flagship will not include an in-display fingerprint scanner, as a fingerprint scanner is placed on the back of this phone.More news: Top Senate Democrat Says Trump's Fed Picks Unqualified
By now, it is known that Redmi is working on a flagship smartphone that will get the power from the Snapdragon 855 SoC.
Going by the previous release pattern, it is likely to be released later this month and probably cost anywhere between Rs 9,000 and Rs 11,000 if not less depending on RAM + Storage configuration. The device reportedly sports a full-screen thin bezel display with a pop-up front camera while there is a triple camera array at the back with a primary 48MP sensor.More news: European Union clears way for start of formal trade talks with US
- ICC Rejects Request for Investigation Into U.S. ‘War Crimes’ in Afghanistan
- Two of Nintendo's Biggest Exclusives Will Soon Be Getting Labo VR Support
- Harry Kane to miss 3 months, Dele Alli has fracture
- Warning over Fisher-Price sleepers after 10 babies die in US
- Polesitter Bottas wary of Ferrari threat, despite Mercedes qualifying advantage
- Curry exits with injury, should be fine for Game 1
- GM to reveal next-generation Corvette in July
- Monster Hunter World and Resident Evil 5 heading to Xbox Game Pass
- Embiid (knee) may miss 76ers' playoff opener
- Chelsea to seek bans for supporters filmed singing racially abusive Salah chant