The FDA says if you bought the product from one of those stores and it has a best used date of April 19th or earlier, you should throw it out.
"Caito Foods has temporarily suspended producing and distributing these products as the company and FDA continue their investigations", the FDA said in its announcement. The items were sold at Kroger (Renaissance Food Group, Boar's Head Private Label), Target (Garden Highway Label), Trader Joes (Trader Joes label), Walmart (Freshness Guaranteed) and online Amazon through the Whole Foods Market label.
So far, 23 people have been hospitalized as a result of the outbreak.More news: Detroit Pistons playoff tickets on sale now
A full list of the products, labels and distributors for recalled items can be found here.
CDC officials are advising people to not eat pre-cut melon sold under various brand names at many stores.
The symptoms including diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps.
Salmonella Carrau is 'an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems, ' the FDA states, but is also described as rare.More news: P30 Pro set to be Hauwei's best-selling phone in SA
You usually get salmonella by eating contaminated food.
Information collected from stores where ill people shopped indicates that Caito Foods LLC supplied pre-cut melon to these stores.
More than 90 related salmonella cases have been reported in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Retailers and wholesale customers should check their inventories and shelves to confirm that none of the products are present or available for purchase by consumers or in warehouse inventories.More news: Barcelona rest Messi ahead of Manchester United rematch
- Netflix's Wine Country Trailer: Friendship Is a Trip
- Critical After Shooting Outside Nightclub In Melbourne, Australia
- Historic Arabsat-6A Launch is a Success
- Man City left to question priorities for Crystal Palace visit
- Molinari leads by 2 entering Masters' final round
- Tesla, Panasonic freeze expansion, Nikkei says
- Priyanka Chopra opens up on sexual harassment
- Luka Jovic’s father speaks out on potential move to Barcelona
- WATCH Devastation Wrought by Deadly Tornado in Texas
- Redmi flagship with hole-punch display, triple cameras surfaces in video leak