The FDA says if you bought the product from one of those stores and it has a best used date of April 19th or earlier, you should throw it out.
"Caito Foods has temporarily suspended producing and distributing these products as the company and FDA continue their investigations", the FDA said in its announcement. The items were sold at Kroger (Renaissance Food Group, Boar's Head Private Label), Target (Garden Highway Label), Trader Joes (Trader Joes label), Walmart (Freshness Guaranteed) and online Amazon through the Whole Foods Market label.
So far, 23 people have been hospitalized as a result of the outbreak.More news: Priyanka Chopra opens up on sexual harassment
A full list of the products, labels and distributors for recalled items can be found here.
CDC officials are advising people to not eat pre-cut melon sold under various brand names at many stores.
The symptoms including diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps.
Salmonella Carrau is 'an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems, ' the FDA states, but is also described as rare.More news: You Don’t Need iTunes To Listen To Apple Podcasts Anymore
You usually get salmonella by eating contaminated food.
Information collected from stores where ill people shopped indicates that Caito Foods LLC supplied pre-cut melon to these stores.
More than 90 related salmonella cases have been reported in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Retailers and wholesale customers should check their inventories and shelves to confirm that none of the products are present or available for purchase by consumers or in warehouse inventories.More news: Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp down, users around the world complain on twitter
- Stratolaunch plane makes first flight
- P30 Pro set to be Hauwei's best-selling phone in SA
- Facebook Messenger might soon be re-integrated into the main app
- WATCH Devastation Wrought by Deadly Tornado in Texas
- The Battle for Trump's Taxes is Just Beginning
- Skype Preview adds screen sharing feature on iOS and Android
- Luka Jovic’s father speaks out on potential move to Barcelona
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Pre-Order Details
- Sudan's upheaval shakes South Sudan's hopes for peace
- National Hockey League suspends Lightning star Nikita Kucherov one game for boardinig