A visit to Selhurst Park would therefore be a tricky fixture for City at the best of times, but the timing, between the two legs of a Champions League quarter-final against Tottenham, adds an extra layer of difficulty.
Gundogan had told Sky Deutschland: "We were not fearless enough in the game and we made a lot of simple mistakes". But we have six games left to finish the Premier League, and we know what we are playing for.
"Sometimes we have made decisions that are hard to understand but, because we won, everybody said we were geniuses".
But Guardiola said his side were strong despite the first leg setback.More news: Priyanka Chopra opens up on sexual harassment
"We thought the game would be more low-tempo and there would be more passes".
"The second half was under control except the first five minutes". We didn't concede many shots on target and we were there many times - even if we didn't create too much.
"That's true (it is a unsafe game)", said Guardiola. Sometimes when I review the games I think I was wrong when I was watching the game in the moment, but I had the same feeling as when it happened.
Oleksandr Zinchenko and Bernardo Silva are back in contention are minor muscle injuries, but are likely to be kept in reserve and rested for Tottenham, with Danilo, Benjamin Mendy, Sane and De Bruyne among those set to return.More news: Stratolaunch plane makes first flight
Pep Guardiola was widely criticised for what was viewed as both negative and naive tactics, only bringing the dynamic duo on with two minutes of the 90 remaining.
"We have been incredible for the past 20 months", Guardiola said.
Chelsea are absolutely desperate for a repeat of the Jose Mourinho-masterminded 2014 win at Anfield that helped derail Liverpool's last title challenge, and that will crank the pressure up in today's later game.
"I know how hard the Champions League is away against Tottenham and we made a good performance".More news: Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp down, users around the world complain on twitter
- P30 Pro set to be Hauwei's best-selling phone in SA
- South Sudanese leaders in Vatican retreat
- Detroit Pistons playoff tickets on sale now
- National Hockey League suspends Lightning star Nikita Kucherov one game for boardinig
- China's exports rise, but imports shrink for a fourth month
- You Don’t Need iTunes To Listen To Apple Podcasts Anymore
- Polesitter Bottas wary of Ferrari threat, despite Mercedes qualifying advantage
- Sudan's upheaval shakes South Sudan's hopes for peace
- 5 candidates to replace Dave Joerger as head coach
- Luka Jovic’s father speaks out on potential move to Barcelona