Assuming it does, customers in the United States who purchased a Nexus 6P on September 25, 2015, or later can make a claim for restitution.
The class action settlement is based in the United States, so unfortunately only USA buyers will be eligible for the possibility of getting a rebate. It's taken brand-owner Google and manufacturer Huawei two years to come up with an agreement after pointing the finger in the opposite direction, but affected customers are finally going to receive compensation.More news: Melon-Related Salmonella Outbreak Cases Occur In Minnesota, Wisconsin
There's nothing like thinking you have 20 percent battery left and then the phone just shutting down on you! Should this settlement receive court approval, both companies will be on the hook to the tune of $9.75 million, with payments of up to $400 being awarded to plaintiffs.
Google and Huawei have settled the class action lawsuit, regarding the bootloop issues with the Nexus 6P. Here's how you can claim. For instance, if you didn't actually experience any bootloop or battery drain issues or you already received a Pixel XL as a replacement for your faulty Nexus 6P back in 2017, you'll only get a reward of between $5 and $10. To get the reimbursement at its fullest, you have to submit a claim with the proper documentation.
However, the proposed settlement states that users who experienced the alleged bootloop and battery drain issues on multiple Nexus 6P units and submit documentation of the issues faced would receive up to $400.More news: Detroit Pistons playoff tickets on sale now
As you would expect, Huawei and Google are asking that all affected Nexus 6P users to present a detailed documentation of the issues. You may also recall that the Nexus 5X - built by LG and sold by Google - faced similar criticisms, and that episode ultimately ended in a class-action settlement as well.
The settlement is all depending on the court for the approval, but it seems that it's going to happen anytime soon.
By proving documentation of bootloops, you can get $325 settlement. You can browse the pending settlement form that explains all your legal rights and options here.More news: National Basketball Association playoff schedule 2019: Warriors-Clippers first-round dates, times
- Historic Arabsat-6A Launch is a Success
- OH governor signs heartbeat bill
- At least three killed in Summit Air plane crash at Lukla airport
- Horizon 2 And God of War 2 Reportedly Already In The Making
- Skype Preview adds screen sharing feature on iOS and Android
- Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp down, users around the world complain on twitter
- Newcastle United fans urge club to sign Salomon Rondon permanently
- WATCH Devastation Wrought by Deadly Tornado in Texas
- You Don’t Need iTunes To Listen To Apple Podcasts Anymore
- Luka Jovic’s father speaks out on potential move to Barcelona