Assuming it does, customers in the United States who purchased a Nexus 6P on September 25, 2015, or later can make a claim for restitution.
The class action settlement is based in the United States, so unfortunately only USA buyers will be eligible for the possibility of getting a rebate. It's taken brand-owner Google and manufacturer Huawei two years to come up with an agreement after pointing the finger in the opposite direction, but affected customers are finally going to receive compensation.More news: WATCH Devastation Wrought by Deadly Tornado in Texas
There's nothing like thinking you have 20 percent battery left and then the phone just shutting down on you! Should this settlement receive court approval, both companies will be on the hook to the tune of $9.75 million, with payments of up to $400 being awarded to plaintiffs.
Google and Huawei have settled the class action lawsuit, regarding the bootloop issues with the Nexus 6P. Here's how you can claim. For instance, if you didn't actually experience any bootloop or battery drain issues or you already received a Pixel XL as a replacement for your faulty Nexus 6P back in 2017, you'll only get a reward of between $5 and $10. To get the reimbursement at its fullest, you have to submit a claim with the proper documentation.
However, the proposed settlement states that users who experienced the alleged bootloop and battery drain issues on multiple Nexus 6P units and submit documentation of the issues faced would receive up to $400.More news: Melon-Related Salmonella Outbreak Cases Occur In Minnesota, Wisconsin
As you would expect, Huawei and Google are asking that all affected Nexus 6P users to present a detailed documentation of the issues. You may also recall that the Nexus 5X - built by LG and sold by Google - faced similar criticisms, and that episode ultimately ended in a class-action settlement as well.
The settlement is all depending on the court for the approval, but it seems that it's going to happen anytime soon.
By proving documentation of bootloops, you can get $325 settlement. You can browse the pending settlement form that explains all your legal rights and options here.More news: Luka Jovic’s father speaks out on potential move to Barcelona
- Sudan's upheaval shakes South Sudan's hopes for peace
- You Don’t Need iTunes To Listen To Apple Podcasts Anymore
- LeBron Ready To Recruit Another Star, Wants To Win With Lakers
- GOP College Group Apologizes for 'Domestic Terrorist' Email
- Man City left to question priorities for Crystal Palace visit
- Newcastle United fans urge club to sign Salomon Rondon permanently
- Cain may not be able to pass US Senate hearings
- Trump considered nominating daughter Ivanka for head of World Bank
- Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp down, users around the world complain on twitter
- Curry sets playoff record as Warriors dominate Clippers