After the matchup was set in stone over the course of Wednesday night, it was announced the Bucks will start their first round series with the Pistons Sunday evening for a 6pm CT tilt at Fiserv Forum.
Giannis Antetokounmpo #34 of the Milwaukee Bucks walks to the sideline prior to the opening tip against the Boston Celtics of game three of round one of the Eastern Conference playoffs at the Bradley Center on April 20, 2018 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Detroit needed a road win on the final night of the season to qualify for the playoffs for the first time since 2016.
The Pistons last made the playoffs in the 2015-16 season as the No. 8 seed, where they were swept by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the first round.More news: Monster Hunter World and Resident Evil 5 heading to Xbox Game Pass
With Eastern Conference rivals the Charlotte Hornets losing to the Orlando Magic elsewhere in Wednesday's final round of regular season games, the Pistons would have advanced regardless of their result against the Knicks. If the Pistons lose and the Hornets win, Detroit will miss the postseason for the third consecutive year. They have one of the NBA's top 20 players, and they're going to continue to add players to their bench to help build around him to get back to the team that didn't regularly miss the playoffs.
Griffin was ruled out for the contest due to left knee soreness, Vincent Ellis of the Detroit Free Press confirmed.
Jeremy Lamb added 23 points and Miles Bridges and Dwayne Bacon scored 18 apiece as the Hornets won their fourth straight.
The Pistons will be making just their second trip to the playoffs in 10 seasons.More news: India marks colonial massacre centenary, Britain makes no apology
Dorian Finney-Smith was two-of-10 shooting and scored five points in the Mavericks' defeat.
The Spurs head into the Western Conference playoffs as the No. 7 seed.More news: Braves lock up another young star, sign Ozzie Albies to extension
- Ukraine Embassy shootout: London police OPEN FIRE after auto RAMS ambassador's vehicle
- United must be ‘killers’ to beat Barca - Pogba
- P30 Pro set to be Hauwei's best-selling phone in SA
- Molinari leads by 2 entering Masters' final round
- Polesitter Bottas wary of Ferrari threat, despite Mercedes qualifying advantage
- Tesla, Panasonic freeze expansion, Nikkei says
- Priyanka Chopra opens up on sexual harassment
- Redmi flagship with hole-punch display, triple cameras surfaces in video leak
- GM to reveal next-generation Corvette in July
- Avicii’s ‘fingerprints literally across entirety’ of new song