A co-pilot of the turbo-prop Let-410 plane run by Summit Air bound for Kathmandu and a police officer on the ground were killed on the spot, Lukla airport official Ema Nath Adhikari told AFP.
It's believed a small plane crashed into a helicopter while taking off from an airstrip.
The plane crash at the Tenzing-Hillary airport in Nepal left three people dead, injuring four others.
Suman Pandey, chief executive officer (CEO) at Fish Tail Air, was cited by The Himalayan Times as saying that all persons injured have been taken to the hospital.More news: Man City left to question priorities for Crystal Palace visit
Assistant Sub-Inspector Rudra Bahadur Shrestha, who was injured in the incident and airlifted to Kathmandu, died at Grande Hospital, hospital sources said.
The plane's pilot, the helicopter's pilot and an airport worker were among the injured.
Summit Air's pilot Captain RB Rokaya and flight attendant R Lama are safe.
Hospital officials unload the body of a plane crash victim outside the Teaching Hospital in Kathmandu, Nepal, Sunday, April 14, 2019.More news: Trump considered nominating daughter Ivanka for head of World Bank
Both aircraft involved in the incident belong to private airline companies that cater to tourists and Nepalese in the country's remote areas.
It is also popular as Lukla is the place where most people begin to climb the Mount Everest Base Camp.
The airport, built in 1964, is rated as one of the most risky airports in the world due to strong tailwinds and a short runway. The airfield is notorious for its short runway and perilous approach, sitting at an elevation of over 2,800 meters.More news: P30 Pro set to be Hauwei's best-selling phone in SA
- You Don’t Need iTunes To Listen To Apple Podcasts Anymore
- Netflix's Wine Country Trailer: Friendship Is a Trip
- Braves lock up another young star, sign Ozzie Albies to extension
- Molinari leads by 2 entering Masters' final round
- OH governor signs heartbeat bill
- National Hockey League suspends Lightning star Nikita Kucherov one game for boardinig
- Stratolaunch plane makes first flight
- Sudan's upheaval shakes South Sudan's hopes for peace
- Skype Preview adds screen sharing feature on iOS and Android
- WATCH Devastation Wrought by Deadly Tornado in Texas