Prior to stepping down as president of basketball operations for the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday, Magic Johnson had permission from owner Jeanie Buss to fire head coach Luke Walton at the end of the regular season, league sources told Yahoo Sports' Chris Haynes.
Calling the shots for a team he won five championships with? What could be better?More news: Google Turns Android Smartphones Into 2FA Security Keys
Johnson made ambivalent comments about Pelinka that led some to wonder if their relationship played a role in the decision.More news: Eden Hazard makes decision about Chelsea FC contract
There are Los Angeles Lakers rumors abound with the stunning news about Magic Johnson. "I'm not disappointed in anything we did", he said. Johnson and the Lakers have received several tampering fines from the National Basketball Association for commenting on various players around the league. "I want to go back to who I was before taking on this job". "Like Russell Westbrook, that was a great feat the other day", Johnson said, referencing Westbrook's 20-20-20 triple double. "I was thinking about all those times, all those guys who want me to mentor them or be a part of their lives, and I can't even do that".
The Lakers are clearly in a major state of dysfunction at the moment and have a ton of decisions to make moving forward. Thompson believes an offer of $10 million a year, which is what Magic Johnson reportedly was making from the Lakers, would probably make Myers listen. The Lakers also clearly lost the Ivica Zubac-Mike Muscala trade by a mile, much to the laughter of the Los Angeles Clippers. "I had more fun on the other side". It's been reported Johnson sought Buss' approval to dismiss general manager Rob Pelinka as well.More news: FDNY Firefighter, Former Westchester Resident Killed In Afghanistan By Roadside Bomb
Ball finished the season averaging 9.9 points, 5.3 rebounds and 5.4 assists in 47 appearances. "But I knew I couldn't face her face-to-face and tell her".
- 'A colossal victory': Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu secures record fifth term
- China Eastern to claim losses in 737 MAX grounding
- Royal baby: Palace announces NEW details about Meghan Markle's birth plan
- Smart Stats - Kieron Pollard easily outshines KL Rahul
- Carlos Ghosn calls himself victim of conspiracy
- Sudan's president Omar al-Bashir steps down according to government sources
- Julian Assange arrested at Ecuadorian embassy
- Ajax Amsterdam vs. Juventus - Football Match Report
- Folau faces probe over social media posts
- North Korea's ruling party to meet amid 'tense situation' - state media