Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Sunday took aim at former FBI Director James Comey on Twitter, hinting toward possibly bringing in Comey for committee questioning in the wake of special counsel Robert Mueller's report.
Graham's tweet came the same day Attorney General William Barr delivered his bombshell letter to Congress containing the key findings of the Mueller report, where Mueller's investigation concluded that the 2016 Trump presidential campaign did not collude with Russian Federation.
"There's politics, and there's the rule of law", Graham said, holding up his hands to demonstrate.More news: Portugal draw and Ronaldo suffers injury
The far right has been falsely claiming the Steele Dossier was the basis for the Trump-Russia probe.
While Graham did not provide additional context to his message, he later told The Hill, which reached out for clarification, that his message was related to a letter he sent the attorney general on March 7 about investigating the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrants obtained against former Trump campaign aide Carter Page "and others associated with the Trump campaign".
"What role did the dossier play? I want Trump to win". "Was it the primary source of the information given to the court, was it supplemental, was its outcome determinative?"More news: Huawei P30, P30 Pro, P30 Lite Launch Today
The Department of Justice's Office of the Inspector General a year ago released the findings of its investigation into the FBI's handling of the Clinton email investigation, supporting the decision to not prosecute Clinton over her private email server and handling of emails. "Because I don't know what's going on".
"What makes no sense to me is that all of the abuse by the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the unprofessional conduct, the shady behavior - nobody seems to think that's much important", Graham said.
But Graham also said he would soon ask Barr to appoint a special counsel to determine whether the Obama administration's Department of Justice unlawfully obtained a warrant to spy on a Trump associate as a way to help bolster Clinton, Trump's 2016 Democratic challenger.More news: Purdue vs Villanova Live Stream Reddit for NCAA Tournament
- Apple launches news app in Canada, premium news subscription service
- Ander Herrera responds to speculation about his Manchester United future
- Cameron Jordan salutes Rob Gronkowski's choice to retire
- All the important stuff from Apple's services event (+)
- At AIPAC, Pence continues Trump attacks against Democrats
- Jacinda Ardern Opens Up About The Christchurch Attacks On 'The Project'
- UFC Boss Dana White Issues Statement About Conor McGregor's Retirement
- Five things we've learned about the Mueller report
- IPL 2019: Gayle becomes fastest batsman to score 4,000 runs
- Father of Sandy Hook shooting victim found dead