The doctors said that Zeng had an infection when she was brought to the hospital and she was really close from having multiple organ failures.
She admitted herself to the Affiliated Hospital of Xiangnan University in Hunan on February 22, where she received emergency treatment.
Chinese woman nearly dies after injecting herself with fruit juice
51-year-old Zeng had an interest in unconventional health treatments, and on 22 February, she made a smoothie from 20 fruits and chose to inject the smoothie directly into her veins by using an infusion drip.
The woman said she injected the fruits because she wanted an "immediate result from them" and said she didn't think they'd be harmful because they were fresh. She believed the nutrients of the juice could be better absorbed by her body this way.More news: Opera for Android 51 Now Available with Built-in Free VPN
The first symptoms she experienced were itchy skin and a rising body temperature. Later in the evening, her husband noticed her increasing discomfort and took her straight to the hospital after finding out about the infusion.
Thankfully the team at the hospital nursed the 51-year-old back to health after putting her on dialysis, and giving her antibiotics and anti-clotting medicine.More news: Meet COD Mobile: A New Challenger for PUBG-M from Activision
"I had no idea it would get me into such trouble".
Zeng ended up in the intensive care unit, where she would spend the next several days, according to Xiaoxiang Morning News. The hashtag #OldWomanPutsJuiceIntoVeins was used by more than 11,000 users on the site to discuss the freakish incident, according to the BBC.More news: England could face water shortages within 25 years
One person commented: "She who knows not fears not! I admire her courage as well as her intelligence!" one Weibo user wrote, Asia One reported.
- The Premier League might just have handed the title to Liverpool
- These are the new Apple Watch bands coming to Malaysia
- Strawberry, Spinach, Kale Are Most Pesticide-Contaminated Fruits and Vegetables
- Previous Biden +8 Over Bernie In New Poll On 2020 Dem Field
- Marcus Smart Ejected, Aron Baynes Leaves Game With Sprained Ankle
- Sophie Turner Chugs Wine on Jumbrotron at Rangers Game
- Qualcomm announces QCS400 SoC series for smart speakers and soundbars
- NASA Reveals Big Surprises About Asteroid Bennu
- Viktor Orban's Fidesz party suspended from European People's Party
- Markets Right Now: Stocks extend their gains on Wall Street