Farage said he would not be completing the 14-day walk but would join campaigners for about a third of it. Pro-EU supporters said it was a metaphor for his decision to walk away from Brexit negotiations following the 2016 referendum.
The procession will make its way to London in the course of two weeks and is expected to culminate in a rally in Parliament Square on 29 March, the original date for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union. "Don't forgot the final vote is in the European Parliament".
Marchers will make their way to Middlesbrough tomorrow and are due to pass through other "Leave" voting areas such as Pontefract, Doncaster and Wellingborough before arriving in London on March 29, the scheduled date of Brexit, where a mass rally will be held in Parliament Square. As Farage arrived he was met by a large group of reporters and TV crews.
The pro-Brexit crowd responded by chanting "EU money grabbers" and slamming the idea of a second referencing on Brexit.Читайте также: Bale: Manchester United boss Solskjaer fails to rule out move
Anti-Brexit group Led By Donkeys plans to follow the march with two advertising vans displaying previous comments made by Mr Farage.
A row soon broke out with counter-protesters who turned up carrying red love hearts with messages including "we love workers' rights" and "we love to have a say".
Anti-Brexit protesters set off a flare with the European Union colours and shouted "exit Brexit" while some marchers called them "EU money grabbers", and one waved a fake blue passport in their direction. "They've got their no-deal taken off the table by four votes". "I'm sorry, but that really riles me".
In contrast, one counter-protester told the Press Association "it's going to be a disaster if we leave".
Nigel added: "We've got 50 core marchers that are going to march all the way to London, and as each day goes by, different people will join".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Eddie Jones taunts Scotland over Twickenham barren run
- Chronic kidney disease on the rise in Cayman
- President Donald Trump meets Arlene Foster in Washington
- Franky Cali killing brings back fears of mob violence in NY
- Alleged Gambino Crime Boss Shot, Killed Outside Staten Island Home
- China hits back at 'prejudiced' U.S. with own rights criticism
- Australia senator egged after Christchurch terror attack comments
- Kylie Jenner Reveals The Name She ALMOST Picked For Daughter Stormi!
- Love Island's Michael Thalassitis has died, aged 26
- Thieves Attempt to Steal $3.4M Painting, End up With a Fake