For years, Apple treated its various services as "sweeteners" to convince consumers to buy an iPhone, iPad and Mac.More news: Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal to clash in Indian Wells semi-final
Being an Amazon Prime member is much like knowing the bouncer at the club. This new approach became evident at CES 2019 where Apple announced it would soon begin streaming iTunes to Samsung smart TVs.
Speaking at the time of the launch, Dave Limp, senior vice president of Amazon Devices, said: "Music is one of the most popular features on Alexa-since we launched Alexa four years ago, customers are listening to more music in their homes than ever before". Anyone who wanted Apple Music needed to buy an Apple device.More news: President Donald Trump meets Arlene Foster in Washington
Apple Music subscribers simply need to link their accounts to Alexa and they are good to go.
In fact, if you've already enabled Apple Music on an Amazon Echo, then your Fire TV device will automatically be able to use Apple Music.More news: Court lets families sue gun maker for Sandy Hook school massacre
This is just another small step in Apple's transition to an increasingly services-oriented business, with those services available on a growing number of devices and ecosystems. The follows the launch on Amazon Echo devices in December. Apparently, Apple is also looking to finalize a deal with Roku, a US manufacturer of digital media players that allow access to internet streamed audio or video services through TVs. Recently, Apple announced more deals, which included TV makers such as LG and Vizio.
- Christchurch attacker meant to continue rampage when arrested: PM Ardern
- World reacts with sadness and anger to New Zealand mosque attacks
- Bale: Manchester United boss Solskjaer fails to rule out move
- ‘Left 4 Dead’ Dev Reveals New Co-Op Game ‘Back 4 Blood’
- Alleged Gambino Crime Boss Shot, Killed Outside Staten Island Home
- Video shows Chelsea Clinton berated for her 'rhetoric' for causing mosque shootings
- Tyler 'Ninja' Blevins Reportedly Paid $1M by EA to Stream Apex Legends
- No Man's Sky 'Beyond' update announced
- Missouri lawmaker says bill requiring AR-15s makes 'point on mandates'
- Cyclone Idai: Many dead in Zimbabwe and Mozambique