Sen. Bernie Sanders cut his head on a shower door Friday morning and received seven stitches, his campaign told Politico. "On this campaign and when we are in the White House, we are going to make it easier for people to join unions, not harder".
Sanders is now slated to headline another campaign rally Saturday in Nevada. The campaign said that the United Food and Commercial Workers Local 400 had been chosen by the majority of the bargaining employees to serve as their exclusive representative. And recently, workers on some campaigns have been pushing to unionize.More news: Tyreek Hill, Chiefs wide receiver, under investigation for incident involving son
Sanders, who narrowly lost the 2016 Democratic nomination to Hillary Clinton, has been among the leaders in early opinion polls of prospective 2020 Democratic candidates.
UFCW said Sanders' campaign had agreed to use "card check" to determine whether most workers wanted a union.More news: European Union extends sanctions on Russian individuals, blacklisting another eight officials
This time around, following reports of sexual harassment and pay disparities on Sanders' last presidential campaign, there will also be added pressure to fortify safeguards against similar mistreatment. All campaign employees below the rank of deputy director will be represented by the union, which said the number could grow to more than 1,000 members.More news: New Zealand shooting: Brenton Tarrant called for attack on 'invader' Sadiq Khan
- Nancy Pelosi Boots Mike Pence From His House Office
- Hammond talks up United Kingdom economy despite Brexit 'cloud'
- Malaysia: Won't Drop Case Against Vietnamese in Kim Murder
- Where to find Pi Day deals around San Diego
- 'Disgusting': Politician Denounced for Blaming Mosque Shootings - Which Killed 49 - on Muslims
- Bangladesh cricket team escape shooting at Christchurch mosque
- New Zealand shooter used 5 guns in mosque massacre
- Bryce Harper hit by pitch in foot, leaves game
- Uber plans to kick off IPO in April
- Thiem into Indian Wells semi-finals as Monfils pulls out