But Cokanasiga was not even named on the bench for the Calcutta Cup clash against Scotland with fellow wing Jack Nowell, the man he came in for last weekend, returning after a shoulder "stinger" injury in one of four changes made by Jones to his starting XV.
Ben Moon swaps with Ellis Genge in the front row while Mark Wilson comes in for Brad Shields who is named on the bench.
Ben Youngs says England want to produce a ruthless performance against Scotland
Scotland beat England 25-13 at Murrayfield to win the Calcutta Cup last season but they have only beaten Italy so far in this Six Nations and the Scots have not won at Twickenham since 1983. "I don't know", Jones said.
"We have had a good preparation and the side is going to be in a great state to play against Scotland on Saturday".
"He's a young player and we don't need to rush him, we need to bring him through carefully, he's got a long career ahead of him".More news: 'Bomb Cyclone' Pushes East Across the U.S., Flood Risks Remain
At the other end of the scale, Ben Youngs will win his 85th cap, taking him ahead of Danny Care as England's most-capped scrumhalf.
"It is a fantastic achievement for Ben, it takes a lot of dedication and hard work and something he and his family will be really proud of", Jones said. I recall looking after guys like Matt Giteau and George Smith in a similar way (when Jones was head coach of Australia) - expose them, bring them back, expose them, bring them back, and when they're ready, you let 'em go.' There was an admission that part of the selection equation centred on the hype and circus that surrounds a new star. "The only thing we can control is how we play", he said. If Ireland win, so be it.
Jones is keen to use the experience of Nowell and Ben Te'o against Scotland, with England still in with a chance of snatching the title out of Wales' hands.More news: Thiem into Indian Wells semi-finals as Monfils pulls out
"The massive improvement for us is in our mindset", he said. 'As soon as you tell them they're not in the team, you get this blank look. "I think we are clearly getting really good clarity about the way we want to play and the way we can be the best in the world".More news: Christchurch attacker meant to continue rampage when arrested: PM Ardern
- Chronic kidney disease on the rise in Cayman
- Huawei Watch GT with 2-Week Battery Life Launched in India
- 'The Sopranos' Prequel Movie Gets a New Title, Release Date in 2020
- Rice reveals he's 'proud and honoured' to get England call up
- Giants not interested in Haskins
- Workers on Bernie Sanders' 2020 campaign have unionized
- 'Disgusting': Politician Denounced for Blaming Mosque Shootings - Which Killed 49 - on Muslims
- Barefoot, Handcuffed, New Zealand Shooter Smirks In Court
- Thieves Attempt to Steal $3.4M Painting, End up With a Fake
- Game of Thrones Final Season Episode Runtimes Are Shorter Than You Thought