But Cokanasiga was not even named on the bench for the Calcutta Cup clash against Scotland with fellow wing Jack Nowell, the man he came in for last weekend, returning after a shoulder "stinger" injury in one of four changes made by Jones to his starting XV.
Ben Moon swaps with Ellis Genge in the front row while Mark Wilson comes in for Brad Shields who is named on the bench.
Ben Youngs says England want to produce a ruthless performance against Scotland
Scotland beat England 25-13 at Murrayfield to win the Calcutta Cup last season but they have only beaten Italy so far in this Six Nations and the Scots have not won at Twickenham since 1983. "I don't know", Jones said.
"We have had a good preparation and the side is going to be in a great state to play against Scotland on Saturday".
"He's a young player and we don't need to rush him, we need to bring him through carefully, he's got a long career ahead of him".More news: Conservative Party split down the middle as Parliament votes to delay Brexit
At the other end of the scale, Ben Youngs will win his 85th cap, taking him ahead of Danny Care as England's most-capped scrumhalf.
"It is a fantastic achievement for Ben, it takes a lot of dedication and hard work and something he and his family will be really proud of", Jones said. I recall looking after guys like Matt Giteau and George Smith in a similar way (when Jones was head coach of Australia) - expose them, bring them back, expose them, bring them back, and when they're ready, you let 'em go.' There was an admission that part of the selection equation centred on the hype and circus that surrounds a new star. "The only thing we can control is how we play", he said. If Ireland win, so be it.
Jones is keen to use the experience of Nowell and Ben Te'o against Scotland, with England still in with a chance of snatching the title out of Wales' hands.More news: Barefoot, Handcuffed, New Zealand Shooter Smirks In Court
"The massive improvement for us is in our mindset", he said. 'As soon as you tell them they're not in the team, you get this blank look. "I think we are clearly getting really good clarity about the way we want to play and the way we can be the best in the world".More news: 'Disgusting': Politician Denounced for Blaming Mosque Shootings - Which Killed 49 - on Muslims
- Beto O'Rourke: Punk from El Paso joins 2020 race
- Rice reveals he's 'proud and honoured' to get England call up
- 'Bomb Cyclone' Pushes East Across the U.S., Flood Risks Remain
- Chronic kidney disease on the rise in Cayman
- US looks to test ground-launched cruise missile in August
- Kennedy will not be retained as A&M men's basketball head coach
- Opposition accuses Liberals of 'coverup' at justice committee
- 'The Sopranos' Prequel Movie Gets a New Title, Release Date in 2020
- Alleged Gambino Crime Boss Shot, Killed Outside Staten Island Home
- Jones claims Wales look exhausted ahead of decisive Six Nations Saturday